[BNW] Dawn of Man showing duplicate unit instead of unit and building.

GreatKnightJ

Chieftain
Hello,
I recently made my first attempt at a civ v mod with a civ that featured a unit and a building. Everything in the mod works correctly, and both the unit and building are fully functional (can be produced and work as intended) but for some reason the unit shows up twice on the Dawn of Man screen rather than the unit AND the building. I've checked my Civilisation.xml file and there aren't duplicates of <Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides> or <Civilization_UnitClassOverrides>. Nothing else in Civilisation.xml sticks out as particularly unusual. Is this a common issue?

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Thread moved to appropriate forum for questions. Best of luck in solving your issue. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Since the game does not care what the file-name is for code being loaded into the XML/SQL, you need to check all your files (especially wherever you have defined the unit) to be sure you have not duplicated the Unit entry there.
  2. Units take precedence over buildings in the DOM screen. There has to be a duplication of the unit in the <Civilization_UnitClassOverrides> table or else you have inadvertently created a second unit that is specified as unique for the civilization.
  3. Without a link to where the mod can be downloaded (or without the mod zipped and attached to a post) there's no real way to know what you ae doing incorrectly.
    1. Zip the version of the mod the game is actually trying to use, which will be found as a sub-folder in ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. Zip the whole sub-folder for your mod.
    2. See: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial Just bear in mind that the process for actually adding the zip to a forum post is now different since the CFC website software was updated a few months ago about a year ago. To attach the zip to a forum post, look for a button called Upload A File when composing your thread reply: this button opens a browse menu where you can select the zipped folder to attach directly to a forum post.
    3. If the zipped folder is too large for the forum to accept then upload the zipped mod to a file-sharing site such as dropbox and provide a link where the mod can be downloaded.
      • Mediafire is not really a very good choice any more because they have become rife with spam and malware, as well as attempts to get you to download unwanted and uneeded kludge by confusing the layout of the download pages. You'll note for example that Mediafire links are no longer allowed on Steam, whereas CFC (this site) and dropbox links are still allowed.

Top Bottom