Dawn Of The Lost Nations- Hotseat RP/Diplo Game

Well at the moment all you really need to do is order the construction of a few units or a building, perhaps send your original warrior scouting, pick one or two techs to research and pick a social policy. This being because its in a convenient ten turn slot.

So something like this example: Constructions, Worker > monument. Original warrior scout clockwise around capital. research pottery > animal husbandry: social policy = liberty.

In the early days of the world, many great city-states arose, competing for dominance across the lands. Exploration of the vast world was extensive, and the treasures and secrets of many lost nations were uncovered. (OOC: Some civs got techs from a ruin, but I forgot to keep track of who got them, I'll note it in your next SG update.)

However, it soon became clear that some of these cities were far greater than their minor companions: The mighty riverside nations of Rome and Babylon, the great floodplains of Thebes, the mighty ports of Wimborne (England) and Honululu, the cold reaches of Delhi, the vast expanses of Kyoto, and the densely forested lake-shores of Karakorum.
These early peoples made many great advancements in technology, culture, and, as heralded by the meeting of the peoples of India and Mongolia, diplomacy.
OOC: Round one has now ended. Images will be PM'ed to HOS's soon. Round 2 has begun (I know you don't have images yet, I'm not going to be strict on time).

Erm... there's an issue with maps. I can't get a non-public way to send them to SGs or HOS's. Any ideas?

The only way I can see doing it is uploading the images to a photo sharing website (like image shack) and posting them on the SGs.

The only way I can see doing it is uploading the images to a photo sharing website (like image shack) and posting them on the SGs.

Couldn't anyone see them, then?
I could upload them to the screenshots section here, but, same result- if someone is desperate/pathetic enough to bother doing that, it sucks for everyone else.

Well I know you don't need an account to use image shack. So unless they went to image shack and browsed through all the pictures I don't think they will be able to find them. I am sure you can trust us not to try and find them on image-shack. Whats the point in playing if you just cheat?

I place an image in the DoLN SG page. I used the image function from Photobucket. That way you can name the Images based on applicable nations & names.

India08Warriordefend.

that way you know its India on turn 8 the warrior had to defend & it is not easy to number cheat to find another picture.

Image shack said you needed an account.
Would there be any problems, if I uploaded them here?

If your having problems with imageshack I suppose it would be ok to post images on here in spoilers.

However naturally it would be preferable for such images to be posted on the social groups just on the off chance someone is pathetic and for ease of usage.

If your having problems with imageshack I suppose it would be ok to post images on here in spoilers.

However naturally it would be preferable for such images to be posted on the social groups just on the off chance someone is pathetic and for ease of usage.

The problem is that it can't be posted either here or in an SG without a URL.

I think (speaking for myself) if the images were posted here it would just be too tempting to look at others pics. But if I needed to hunt through imageshack or wherever it would be enough hassle that I would have time to come to my senses (if I could even figure out how to find them!)

Posting them in the SGs or in PMs should be secure enough with no real temptation.

I suppose the other option would be to use private email addresses, and attach the actual pic files to emails, but whether people would be prepared to do that is questionable, and it seems like overkill.

Yes, that is true. Imageshack allows you to upload images without having an account. Also, under the "Links" option when you uploaded your picture you will be able to get a link.

Then, using the IMG button while creating a post, you can paste the link into the box that comes up.

Its quite easy.

Maps now in SGs (thread is either called "updates" or "maps" depending on whether I or the group created it)

(ooc: well this is a RP thread so might as well get the ball rolling)

---

The Founding of Kyoto

-

Sitting on a hill the god-emperor of Japan, who had reigned since the beginning, surveyed his domain. He looked at the plains below, filled with bounteous grain as far as the eye could see and to the northern hills, rolling into the distance towards shimmering lakes and beyond even unto the distant sea, promising in their midst hidden metals entwined within the living stone.

Closing his eyes and turning to the south, beyond the horizon. the tenno, the Celestial Emperor of Japan and father of the nation saw only in his mind beyond the writhing mists. He looked inwards to his mind and saw fertile lands beyond, he saw vast rivers flowing through grassland filled with bounteous herds and endowed with glimmering rocks in the hills. He saw forests of sweet smelling trees, spices, cotton and rare dyes just waiting for Japan to discover. Still deeper in his mind he saw strange metals and black, burning rocks hidden in plain sight from the eyes of his people. Still further he percieved things other than riches as well, for Japan was not alone. He saw city states rising in the wilds and amongst their number he percieved that there were a few, beyond the sight of Japan that were driven by the same fire that drove the soul of Japan. They held within them the spark, the spark of ingenuity and of intellect, they held the spark of civilisation.

Returning to the waking world, opening his eyes and looking down the hill to his people, the Tenno breathed deeply watching them scurry across the campsite. Standing up from his meditations he looked upwards to the stars glimmering in the void... and he smiled. After a time the voice of the god-emperor spoke in the still night, under the light of the stars.

"Here, in this place I shall abide and my people also, from now until the end of days. Here I shall build a civilisation that shall stand against the tempests of the enemy, here I shall build a civilisation that will stand the test of time."

And as he got up and walked back to his people, the sun began to rise. Thus was founded the city of Kyoto, and the Empire of Japan.

Hokusai accompanied Emperor Tenno to oversee the artistic layout and zoning of the city. As materials were scarce, he was willing to let the code slide a bit, and let the people do their best with what they had. For himself, he ordered the construction of a villa with paper screens that could be opened to all directions, for light to enter his study. Presently, he commenced carving a signature design for his gate posts. Both shall depict a great wave, symbolizing the expansion of the Empire, and the extent to which it will one time spread - from sea to shining sea.

By the evening, it was time for a nice tea ceremony, accompanied by many young geishas. When the morning dawned on Kyoto, it was time to get down to business.

OOC:

Just to clarify the word Tenno means "celestial emperor", In japanese tradition it is blasphemous to actually use the emperors personal name when referring to him. Instead the emperor is referred to as Tenno Heika, literally "His Majesty the Emperor"

-

Oh and people should start putting RP things on here since this is meant to be about " RP and diplomacy" (and surpassing and succeeding over your rivals :lol: )

Romulus Doteiti looked out over his newly built city of Rome. It had been a long journey to get where he stood today. Him and his brother had been illegally born from his mother, the vestal virgin Rhea Silvia, and his father, the god of war Mars. Amulius, the evil king forced his mother to abandoned them to the Tiber. They floated down the river until finally they were caught in a fig tree. There they were cared for by a she-wolf.

Spoiler :

Eventually he and his brother were found and raised by a shepherd and his wife. When they grew to men they raised an army to take their family's rightful throne from King Amulius. After he was defeated they set out to found Rome along the Tiber where they had been found all those years ago. After choosing the site Romulus' brother became insolent and was put to death. Finally after the city was built it was given the name Rome, after it's founder.

Now it is time to bring power and glory to Rome and her people! The sons of Mars will march to the ends of the earth! The world will bow in awe as Rome's mighty legions bring the superior roman way of life to all the barbarous peoples who would oppose her! Her culture, technology, and might, unrivaled by any other! She will dominate!

Terror Lance remembered the groan of dismay when he ordered the Horde to make camp. A permanent camp. "Camp is for civilized douches!" they groaned, and a young hot head named Genghis cried out, "We should be free like the horse we ride, and invade our neighbors!". Terror Lance doesn't care for opposition; with one toss of his famed War Lance he smashed it through the warrior's body. The young Mongolian's heart was pinned to the ground by the sharp weapon while the body swayed on horseback, then fell to join it.

"We need to grow our power!" cried Terror Lance as he kicked his War Lance back into his hands, "Our horses are still almost wild, and yet we are too busy hunting and setting up a new camp every week to train them! Our weapons are dull and yet we are too tired to sharpen them! Our minds are weary yet we are too restrained by our freedom to see it! We will set our Camp Here!" He cried as he stabbed his lance onto the top of the hill. "This is where the spring of power and knowledge will sprout, and where all civilized and uncivilized folk fear us; for we are neither! We are the mongolians!"

Then came the roar of approval, and he knew that he wouldn't have to worry about a rebellion... at least until construction started.

Top Bottom