1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The Lost Nations- Hotseat RP/Diplo Game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by CivOasis, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

"And so Babylon rose. And so Babylon became great. The people of Babylon bowed to the will of their King, Nechuz Bazzer, and they became great by the bowing. The great scouts of Babylon explored the land and spread the greatness. And so, an Empire was born!"

-Nezuz Hlezzer, The Glory of Babylon

2. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

The founding of Thebes

As the weary group of nomads trudges across the vast dessert, their leader Shewetankhamon, drops to his knees and raising his hands aloft shouts out … “O great God and creator of the Sun, Re long have we travelled and long have we followed your path, but your people starve and suffer for lack of water, I beg you o great Lord, give us a sign, save your people”

Dropping his head he sits back, thrusting his hands into the hot sand and lifting it in front of him he lets it fall through his fingers and in his despair does not hear the gasps from his people.

Slowly standing he turns to his people and is surprised to find them kneeling and praying. Looking at them he feels the heat of the sun on the back of his neck dissipate and a cold chill taking its place.

Slowly turning his eyes goes wide and he drops to his knees as before him in the sky where once only Re the Creator of the Sun ruled during the day, now Khonsu “The Traveller” God of the Moon moves as if by design to block the harsh heat from the sun.

“Be Calm my people shouted Shewetankhamon, for this is the sign we have awaited the gods confer and will in their wisdom lead us to our destiny”

As Khonsu blocks the last of the Re’s heat and energy, blackness covers the land and in a distance over numerous hills a shimmering light beckons from the earth as to respond to the Sky Gods.

Standing Shewetankhamon points to the light and then to his people he says “There, there, that’s is where we must go the gods have spoken, pick up your belongings and follow the will of the gods.”

As the Egyptian people move to cross the great hills Khonsu and Re start to depart and the shimmering light dissipates, they rush to cross the great hill, Shewetankhamon stumbles and rushes to reach the top of the hill and as he does so, he is astonished for before him lies the greatest river ever seen, fertile floodplains stretches as far as the eye can see.

This is their promised land, this will be the start of the Kingdom of Egypt, and the great River will be known as the Nile, for the Goddess Satet in her wisdom and fertility will sustain the people for all eternity.

Thebes has been found.

3. juKar-C

juKar-C Warlord

Signing up for Eygpt

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I am very dissapointed in you JuKar :p

5. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

Silence! Do not so speak to an Chosen one of the Gods.

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

You forget that we are a god...

7. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

Bah, you are but a man pretending to be a GOD!

Your blasphemous words will be your downfall, for the True Gods are those of the Egyptians and they have spoken to me and have said that our people will rule the World.

I am their chosen one, this vessel, my body is theirs to control and through their Wisdom and Guidance the Egyptian people will forge forwards through time and lands and become masters under their rule.

BOW DOWN NOW BEFORE THE MIGHT OF ALL THAT IS EGYPT AND YOU WILL BE SPARED.

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

We find your rantings amusing and wonder if such uncivilised outbursts are customary amongst the Egyptian nation.

9. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The big, heavy hat he wears must be causing delusions. It is fortunate the Tenno Heika does not require such a headpiece.

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

We think also honourable shogun, that the desert heat might have addled the Pharaohs brains slightly.

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Quite possibly

The cool gentle breeze
    Drives no man into madness
    Unlike desert heat

12. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

Babylon is quite amused by this discussion, as it is common knowledge that the Azadist gods are the only true ones.

13. Civleader

Civleader King

Dot80 has convinced me to sign up for the game and join Rome in its quest to victory. Wont be too active in RP since administering my game takes most of my time :D

14. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

You also wear a big hat and live in the desert. It comes as no surprise to the Japanese nation you see invisible men in the sky.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Indeed, it is strange that he cannot see the divinity of the Tenno or the other kami.

16. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

In the roman empire we have free religion.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

In Nippon there is free religion. There are no obstructions to following the true religion, Shinto.

18. dot80

dot80 Emperor

We might not arrest people for following a differentt religon but they will be an outcast from a society of people who believe in the true Gods, and will most likely be persecuted by their peers. I am happy my subjects would do so. As sons of Mars we can not allow such blasphemy to continue under our dominion.

19. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

The Roman ruler is wise to ensure fidelity to the kami and the Tenno remains favoured in Rome, although Japan wonders who this Mars is and wonders even further that Rome would permit illusions as its ruler implies, does not Rome have freedom of religion?

20. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

In my opinion we should have the roman religion as official religion of the roman empire but not kill others because of their religion.