1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The Lost Nations- Hotseat RP/Diplo Game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by CivOasis, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

THE WARRIORS OF KYOTO.

-

The warriors marched ever southwards from the capital at the bidding of their god and emperor. Over hill and boundless plains, through fetid swamps and across a great river they marched. But through their journeys they found many strange things.

Ruins, ruins there were from an ancient and lost civilisation, japanese stories told of such places destroyed long ago by the tenno in a great and terrible war which set Japan wandering for a thousand, thousand years in the wastes. The city was strange, filled with marble pillars cracked and worn by time. Strange rusted metals of an unknown type sat on hard streets cracked, but made of a strange material. Trees sprouted throughout the cities ruins as they jorneyed, mindful of wild beasts and savages.

After a long day the warriors came to a chamber, above whoms door was written these faded words in a strange language WA _ _ _ N_T_N DC CAP_T_L OF A_ _ _ IC_. The warriors marvelled at the ravages of time on a once proud and haughty civilisation, for in the mists of time all of mans achievements is but dust in the wind. Past the chamber the warriors came to a strange and darkened chamber on which sat a strange contraption, and a round shiny ring on a pedestal.

Isoroku Yamamoto, leader of the warrior band took the disk and looked at it, it would make a good ornament for his wife. However he looked at the contraption and saw a flat indentation on its side with an image of the ring above it. putting the strange flat ring down he poked around the hole and strangely, by magic a flat receptacle popped out of the side of the artefact.

placing the ring down in the receptacle, his second pushed it in as the artefact crackled to life revealing images. They were fuzzy at first but eventually he recognised the swamps they just passed through, recognised the plains and the land around Kyoto, but more importantly they saw the name of a city to the south of the one who's ruins they now stood in... NEW YORK. It was a map!

smiling Isoroku took the artefact and gestured to his men, they were heading to the ruins of this ancient city.

2. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Officially the republic is tolerant of other religions at this point in time.

3. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

What a strange idea. There is only one religion, Shinto, is there not? Please explain further this idea that there is more than one religion for we are intrigued by the ideas of the foreign cultures.

4. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I would not expect the Japanese to understand a culture as advanced and superior as Rome's.

5. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Every people have the right to beleive in what religion they want. For examble in my personal opinion the worship of the kami and the Tenno is illusion and superstition, not religion. But i dont kill anyone for their religion and i let those who worship the kami and the Tenno free to hace their religion as long as they obey the roman law.

6. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The enlightened Japanese nation would never kill someone because they believed in such superstitious nonsense (unless they carried out criminal acts because of those beliefs). No, as with anyone else suffering from an ailment we would set up places of healing so they could be cured of their malaise and joyfully return their minds to sanity.

7. christos200

We romans are more advanced. We understand that without freedom of religion our empire will collapse in one day. We dont see other religions as something that must be destroyed. We even sometimes take some gods from other religions, give them roman names and everyone is happy.

8. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Christos is the more liberal force in Rome.

9. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Rome should adopt the one man, one vote system of Japan.

-

OOC: look back on the thread to see what I mean by one man, one vote ;)

10. christos200

We romans are far more advanced than you to have this barbarian system.

EDIT: democracy is the best gonverment.

11. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

It is dissapointing that Rome has advocated an inferior barbarian system of government. You and us must talk over Rome and Japans differences once our Empires meet, then we can communicate by means other than the divine power the Tenno posesses.

-

OOC: our empires havent met in-game and so strictly we shouldn't be talking on here. But I gather that the game will be a bit slow in the beginning when no one knows each other, thus the trivial little conversations on here to keep the flow going despite the reality disfunctions that would be occuring if the Tenno was not a god.

12. christos200

The roman reoublic is a more civilized system than the despotism of only one man having power.

13. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

Why you inferior civilizations have to go about inventing clever names for your religions and your gods is beyond me, it seems that you need to 'jazz it up' to make it seem interesting.

In our country it's quite straightforward.

The church in England is known as the Church of England.
    Our god is known as God.

That's all you need. Simples.

14. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

Golgafrincham Ark B crash-landed last week on some little planet out in the uncharted backwaters of the Galaxy. I think perhaps we might have been able to avoid crashing, if only we hadn't forgotten... well, whatever it was that we've forgotten that might have helped. I think there was something, but it's nothing more than a wisp of brain activity now. Besides, it's kind of irrelevant now since we have crashed, very terminally, into the sea. Sadly a large number of us were drowned, although many of those were telephone hygienists, hairdressers and the like, so it wasn't as tragic as it might have been.

Those of us who could, dragged ourselves onto the land. Two of our number, Arthur and Ford, disappeared off and we haven't seen or heard from them since. The rest of us split into two groups; one stayed where we were and started building a city which we named Wimborne; the other armed themselves with rudimentary clubs and went looking around the local area. William seems to have taken on the role of leader; indeed he's made himself a funny little crown out of twigs and leaves and has asked us to call him King. We're humouring him at the moment.

I wonder how long we can survive? We don't know much woodcraft at present, although we're learning through necessity. Wimborne's coming along nicely; already some of the more direct routes between huts are turning into beaten tracks, and some of the lads have built a really nice monument to those who died in the crash (it's surprisingly impressive!)

We shall see. William seems to have a desire for progress as quickly as possible. Maybe he has the right idea.

-George of Wimborne.

15. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

:worship::worship::worship:

Well done Sir, well done!

16. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

Our finding the ruins of New York remind me of an old folk saga, passed on as living memory for thousands of years. It's called "Planet of the Apes"...

17. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

:agree:

18. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

42 FTW.:goodjob:

19. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I award you the First Super Story Cookie!!!!!!!

20. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

NOT THE TELEPHONE HYGIENISTS!!! :eek:

It IS a tragedy, you cant set up a new society without proper hairstyles, or worse, dirty Telephones!!!

DT
    :p