1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The Lost Nations- Hotseat RP/Diplo Game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by CivOasis, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

...and also if you start a deadly virus epidemic from contaminated telephone speakers...

2. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Just FYI, I am looking for orders. Not everyone's posted yet, and I don't want to (and really can't) act on that for the second turn set.

3. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Polynesia, please post your orders, or you will be overridden for this turn set.

4. dot80

dot80 Emperor

U should just set a deadline after eery update, that way we wont be delayed if someone doesn't send in their orders.

5. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

They clearly shoulf of adopted a one-man one-vote system :p

6. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

I did (1 day), along with the punishment system, but I really don't want to/would have some difficulty doing that this early in the game, so I was hoping to give a little leeway for the first couple rounds. This isn't the first warning, though, so I will go on if an update isn't posted soon.

7. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

I will kill one CivFanatic for every time one who is proficient in CiV, can write better than a 5th Grader, and is interested in taking over Mongolia as my successor. (i.e., soon, as in I have no CiV experience whatsoever). Whoops, someone just refused this offer; Minions! Seize the Roman Prince and famous writer known as Sistuil!

:)p)

8. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

I think we should make a rule change.

If a Nation does not submit orders then they will choose the top building for production, top tech for science and all units will sit there not moving or performing any action.

I think it sufficiently punishes the Civ but doesn't completely destroy them if the miss a turnset.

That way we can get on with this game. I am about to quit due to the lack of progress.

9. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I concur with Chgrogers.

I would advise CivOasis to stop trying to be a nice guy. No matter how much a team thinks its special it really isn't, and if it can't post orders in a timely manner than you should go forth in the name of game progression regardless, you can't go kowtowing to every untimely group that pops its head up.

10. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

11. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

1: I agree with all the guys saying to be harsh. I once read that the only way to GM was as a totalitarian Dictator, because it was the only thing that worked.

2: I'm gonna have to drop out of the game due to time constraints. :( (Darn it school! Y I KNEE'D EDUKAYSHON? :p)

DT

12. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Very well, I will adopt chgrogers change, with the exception that all units will be disbanded.
    Update will be up either today or tomorrow.

13. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

The early years of the world were filled with mighty exploration, grand diplomacy, and the discovery of wonders, both left by those long-gone, and, as the greatest explorers of the era discovered, natural beauty, such as that of Mt. Fuji.

The world was not calm, however. Even as the mighty Egyptian kigndom expanded to the port of Memphis, rumors of revolution were stirring. Elsewhere, the people of Polynesia entered a disorganized chaos, guided only by the words of their long-dead ancestors...

14. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

Looking out from his balcony Pharaoh Shewetankhamon frowns at the shanty town that has it seems sprung up overnight along the great River Nile's banks. Already the river has starter to turn murky brown where it was once shimmering blue.

“Disgraceful” exclaimed the Pharaoh.

Turning he approaches his General of the Royal Egyptian Army. “Are your warriors in place?”

“Yes my Pharaoh, as you instructed they have been placed around the shanty town, none will be missed.”

“Good, as we discussed, start at sundown”

“As you command so do we obey great Pharaoh!”

Nayeer, licked his lips at the smell of the cooked fish. Waiting for his father and mother before devouring his food, he dreams of adventures and mischief the rest of the boys the next day.

“Nayeer? Stop day dreaming and eat your food” said his mother.

Smiling he starts to gobble up his food. “Slowly Nayeer”

Turning from him his mother starts to talk to his father when suddenly in a distance they hear faint sounds of confusion and screams, looking at his wife Nayeer’s father stands and moves to open the door, when suddenly the door crashes open and guards rush in.

“What do you want? Who are you? Get out of my house!”

“Silence! Get your things, by order of the Pharaoh, you are to be relocated”

Scrambling and grabbing a few things the family is ushered out side of their house, turning the see it going up in flames as it is torched by the guards, they are led through the chaos of the dirt paths.

As the sun starts to rise, Nayeer looks back at the snaking line of people slowly following each other in despair, looking back at the City even though it is a small speck by now the black smoke can still be seen hanging like an ominous cloud, where once he used to play and live.

…

Days seemed to pass, and then suddenly a hush fell over the people as they stood in awe of the small settlement springing up in front of their eyes. Nayeer was transfixed at the sight of it all, for as far as the eye could see a great vastness of water, blue and shimmering.

Looking for his father he notices him and some of the other men talking to a guard.

Not understanding he walks towards them. Coming to a standstill next to his father, he watches as the guard hands him a stick with a symbol on it and points towards the edge of town. Nodding he turns and as he notices Nayeer he takes his hand and leads him and his mother to a small parcel of land with a stick planted in the ground.

As his father approaches the stick he drops the one the guard gave him next to it and removes his shirt and start to clear the brush from the land.

Nayeer curiously approached the sticks, picking up the small one he notices the symbols match…

OOC: With the founding of Memphis, my Empire seems to be unhappy so I decided that a forced relocation would fit nicely into why the Empire suddenly became so unhappy.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: settled too quickly perhaps :p

Not as coincidental as Japan's situation though, surrounded as it is by fellow island nations :lol:

16. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

I'll be updating soon, regardless of if orders are in or not. If you want to provide long-term orders (as some civs already have), the will be respected, and you can jump back in at your convenience. I think that will make the game go faster/smoother.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

No problem, I have updated Japan's orders.

EDIT: They may change over time since we now have that diplomatic crisis going on giving me more time to consider things :p

18. Terrance888

Orders Sent.

The Mongolian Warrior peered down the buffs into the Polynesian city. "So they say they are an Island people, eh?" asked a Liason from Terror Lance. Behind was a small encampment settled over the years as they combed through the valley for resources and treasures, when they noticed a strange tinge on the ground.

"Apparently" he said as he squinted. So far he has seen no Polynesian warriors... indeed, the valley below seems empty except for villagers. They milled about in confusion, slowly plowing their tiny fields and their business. "Except there are no islands."

"New Orders from the Khan" spoke the Liason, he bowed as he handed the leather transcript to the warrior "You are to circumscribe this land, and discover all that is within. Brothers will be sent to reinforce you, as well as bringing another order."

19. Terrance888

Please don't update, we have a diplomatic crisis here. Will reveal detains/stories when it is completed. Order changes possible.

20. dot80

dot80 Emperor

It was a cool roman night. Romulus Doteiti happily watched as his guests danced and jollied along to the music. All of a sudden a man bursts into the room, "Sir! A force of barbarians is attacking the countryside! The workers have had to retreat across the river!"

Romulus Doteiti stood, "These heathens would dare attack the sons of Mars? Who are they?"

The man, timid to speak to the legendary founder of Rome, stuttered, "The-they ca-call themselves th-the Gauls, sir."

"And what quarrel do they have with Rome?" He yelled angrily.

"I do not know sir. They seem to hunger for her riches. All they do is plunder and kill!"

He slammed his fists on the table, "Gather our men and repel the attack! We will teach these barbarians a lesson they wont soon forget!"

"Right away sir!"

ooc: More to come when the battle happens. I think I'll fire up Rome total war to get some nice pics for the battle.