1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The Lost Nations- Hotseat RP/Diplo Game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by CivOasis, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Bah! "Peoples" are stupid civilized scum! Too busy farming to notice the strength of their arms for the speed of their feet! We Mongolians reject this label, and shall accept no suzerain!

From now on, we are the Horde. You may call us Hordlings, if we deem you worthy of spilling that filth you call words into our ears.

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

That is intriguing, I thought you already accepted the suzerainty of the Celestial Emperor when your emissaries kowtowed before him and your quaint warriors retreated from combat against Polynesia at his "request". *sigh* It would be a shame if His Majesty has to intercede with paternal correction in regards to a wayward mongol nation, and return them to a more direct governance.

~Imperial Spokesman.

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Kowtow? What is this strange custom? In Mongolia, the one kneeling is showing that he is closer to earth than the standing weakling. By refusing to prostrate before signing the agreement, you have accepted the designation of "people" and are hereby weaker than us.
    And what is a Nation anyway? Is that what you call when you convince your people you have something in common to them? Mongolia is no nation! It is a theocracy! It is simple; they obey my Lance, and if they don't, it kills them. See the example I've made of Temujin.

4. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Now, I hate to say this, but I doubt I will have time for this anytime soon.

I am keeping the file, so it can be resurrected at any time, but, unless another GM steps in, this will be on hiatus for the time being.

5. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I think we should restart with this, but with PBEM. Or maybe we could switch to CIV4 and use pitboss. This could have been a good Diplogame (loose definition) if it would have had a chance, and I think with everyone playing the turns themselves they will be more apt to continue and RP.

If we do we should also change the way of winning. We should remove all but time victory. Whoever is eliminated obviously can't win (so it's like conquest without the ability to just go for capitals). Then throughout the game every 10 turns we should vote on who to award RP points (cant vote for self, they will be equal to the average change in points among players). At the end we add em up and the person with the most points wins.

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

If we were to do that (switch to civ IV) for a MP game we would first need to see if everyone has Civ IV. I have the feeling they do, but we need to be sure.

7. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I think Civ V has a PBEM which we could use. Though personally CivIV would be better for me. I like it more.

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Not to mention a number of people don't have civ V.

9. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

I have no idea what PBEM means... and I don't have Civ 4, only Civ 5.

10. dot80

dot80 Emperor

PBEM is Play By Email. We basically eamail each other the save and continue off of it only for our own civ. It will make it so we don't need a GM.

EDIT: So I looked around in the game for PBEM and I couldn't find it. We might have to just go CIV IV, and be sad for those who don't have it....

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Technically you can email a hotseat save.

12. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

You can, or PM it. If a consensus leans towards that, I will post the file.

13. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Well everyone needs to post what games they have. I have CivV w/ all but Viking DLC, and CivIV BTS

14. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

The game used was Civ V with all DLC.
    Actually, it was the only iteration of Civ that I own..

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I only have civ IV (with all expansions) Im afraid to say.

16. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Well if people don't start responding by Wednesday I'm going to start a development thread in the CIV IV story forums, b/c that's what game I want to play it on.

17. dot80

dot80 Emperor

18. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

My apologies to all of the participants. If anyone is interested, I will post the file for you.

19. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

I just had another look at the last screenshot and low and behold Player 8 <--- Thats me has the highest score, therefore i claim full victory in this game.

All hail the mighty Egyptians !!!

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Score is not necessarily reflective of actual power. (besides its only because you settled a second city early leaving your empire quite vulnerable).