1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The Lost Nations- Hotseat RP/Diplo Game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by CivOasis, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I know its IOT/SSD players of course. But that doesn't revoke the fact that your creating this games resident overcrowded player ghetto when there are still two spots available for empires before this game can begin.

2. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Nbd. They probably wouldn't play if Omega hadn't signed up so it's not like their delaying us. I doubt they will all actively participate so it's probably best they aren't making their own countries.

3. landlubber

landlubber Scottish Nationalist

If just two more slots for some reason can't be filled, some of us may found a new nation, I suppose. For now however, we stand united. :evil:

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

meh who knows. Either way Polynesia is still inferior compared to the Celestial Empire of Japan.

5. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

Yeah, I would never be able to run my own country in a game like this. But I will be participating! :D

DT

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

hmmm. I've just had a thought. Imagine if Ravus Sol joined this game. Surely the tendency of him "orchestrating everything with extreme subtlety" will be enhanced if he were to emerge from the shadows and take command of a state.

Although of course he would have to deal with me doing the same thing :lol: ... possibly.

7. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

......................................................................................................................
    *ravus_sol joins*
    Dem Taqat: RUN AWAY! (or change sides)
    Ravus would annihilate this game.

DT
    Ravus Fearing :hide:

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

He would not neccesarily annihilate this game. Ravus has only thus far shown his aptitude for domestic politics where screwing people over in a single stroke is fairly simple. International relations however are a whole other ball park in that such things are impossible because states are independent units.

Lets just say it would be a new scene for him.

9. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

The Polynesia team is fine, I appreciate having at least one multi-member team.
    I'm sure there will be other teams, as well, this got a lot more attention than I expected, so it should show up soon.
    Polynesia, thank you for creating you social group (and India, too).
    I don't know who Ravus Sol is, but that sounds very interesting, I would like to see someone like that on board...

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Go look at RPI (Im sure DT can show you precisely where) and you will see what we are talking about.

As to this attention I hope it shows up soon. All the more people to engage in diplomatic relations with.

11. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

RP1. Your Arguement is rendered invalid.
    Its Ravus. Your Arguement is rendered invalid. :p

Also, you miss the point. Ravus manipulates people. He was incredibly successful in external politics in RP1 due to his face to face manipulation of NPCs. He could play nations the same as parties because they are made up of people.

Edit: Ravus is awesome:

-Crowning Moment of Awesome: Ravus_Sol guessing Ilduce349's entire plan with no information and proceeding to not only call him out on it, but fool LH into thinking he'd found out for real.

-Memetic Badass: Ravus_Sol

-The Chessmaster: Ravus_Sol. He's also The Pope.

"You've been telling your political secrets to an Assassin-For-Hire WORKING FOR RAVUS!”

And thats just wahts on Our Tvtropes Page, I can post others if needed. Problem is, Ravus is MIA, and hasnt been seen since taking power in RP2 (long dead)

DT
    Ravus Fearing :hide:

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I suppose you have a point.

But he would still have to go and mess with me, and unfortunately for him I study International Relations IRL, ergo messing with me in such matters will be difficult since I know how it works and in this game the same theoretical principles will apply (security dillemma, balancing, etc etc). Although of course I am not by any means an expert and there is also the factor of how well I manage my empire to consider as well.

furthermore my argument is not totally invalid as states have very different relations with other states compared to individual politics within a state. So though of course he could manipulate people he would have to adjust his manipulation within the paradigm of state actors, as ultimately personal manipulation would fail if he doesn't address the unique situation of states compared to simply people and generic politics. This is because states don;t run on personality but by by a peculier rationality of state interests and geopolitics.

13. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

I'm guessing he was a very powerful player, then.
    Aren't you supposed to play nations roughly the same as parties, anyways? I put them both in, because I wanted to see what international diplomacy would become, when one civ couldn't necessarily pull itself together... =P

Screw my failed smilie...

14. dot80

dot80 Emperor

After seeing Jehoshua in GaP I'm sure this guy will have met his match. They will atleast make for an interesting, if not frustrating game.

15. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

Ravus has a match?

16. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

That has yet to be determined (although he is definitely more adept at RP since I have never got my head around democracy games). We have never actually gone head to head before have we. Nor have we played in this sort of system either where we would be pursuing our own interests.

-

As to nations CivOasis, they are very, very different from parties and they run in a distinct paradigm.

17. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

I've never seen Jehoshua do much in politics, so I can't comment on that, but Ravus was by far the best Player in RP2, and his RP1 match has since left the forums. A contest would be interesting, but since Ravus probly wont play this, Its a moot point.

DT

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Indeed, it is a mute point, but an interesting theoretical discussion.

You havent seen me do politics since I did it on CotE by Yahzuk and in GaP currently by Civleader. RP I sort of joined but sat back to get a handle of it, still am not really getting too much into it yet in RPIII. In CotE I basically ensured the Bunka ruled Japan for eternity by playing off all the other clans, although we lost since we simply had too few people to fulfil our greater ideals within the games rules (it was a collective loss though for all the clans).

In GaP, well since that is ongoing you can ask someone else about what I have done or not done or perhaps join to experience it yourself.

19. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Ah, well, that's too bad.
    And shows how well my party-running would do. I'm probably much better at an international level.
    Perhaps another game, I'll try my hand at playing.

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Indeed. It would of been interesting to see how Ravus would play this game.

It should be fun anyway however, since personal politics should play no part in this compared to national interests.