[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Keldath,

Just downloaded your new version and I'm still seeing a problem from the last one.

I just started a new game and the health resources are not working to increase healthiness in a city. I uploaded a save for you. The corn resource is in the city radius. It has it's farm and path. The hover info says it is providing +1 health. Yet, when I go into my city screen, the +1 bonus for health is not being counted. It is listed, but the total healthiness does not contain the +1 bonus.

Is it meant to be like this? Is there some tech I need in order to get resource bonuses for health? The Happiness ones worked in the older version. I will continue the game and hopefully find out for you.

Attachments

• Jennvare Overlord 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    159 KB · Views: 76
woo hooo!

i got it!

thank to Jennvare, that directed me to a bug in the display of the health given out by bonuses, i dug deep and fixed the problem - it was missing stuff in the sdk.

so here is the fixed dll - attached here.

install notes - go into the overlord 2.4 folder, go to assets and extract the zip file and overwrite.

thats it.

again thank you Jennvare.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 437
Glad to help. I'm liking this mod the more I play it.
I will confirm for you that it works.

Btw: Happiness resources were working normally.

Keldath,

After my wife and I finished a couple of games apiece, we can safely confirm that all the bonuses are working. Excellent work. The fact that she likes this mod should say alot since she used to never play Civ all that much. ;)

Side note though: Is ranged bombardment working properly? In her game, she was getting backed up in her territory. She was playing the Celts. With catapults, trebs, and cannons, she kept trying to use ranged bombardment to soften her invaders. However, it rarely worked. It was bad enough that she kept celtic javelins around to range attack since muskets and riflemen cant range attack.

When we did keep count, she was trying with her cannons. She had ten cannons stationed with an enemy stack next to them. In four rounds, forty shots, she only hit 3 times. In the description, it says a cannons accuracy is 70%. Well, I can safely say, 3 out of 40 is much less than 70%. Are there other factors that play into ranged bombardment besides the base accuracy?

Also, as mentioned above, after longbowmen (and their equivalents), why are the gunpowder units not allowed to range attack? In the above example, my wife could make riflemen, but kept her javelins around to range attack since her cannons and trebs were not getting it done.
Is this intentional?

hey guys sorry to sound thick but i really have no idea wat im doing wrong unpacked the game to beyound the swords mod put the patch in the assits file of the mod but still the game wont work mod is displayed in game but just turns game off please help game looks amazing lol :D

Jennvare,

hi, im very happy to hear that your wife plays too, thats sooo cool!

ok about r bombardment, well there were problems with this since the beginning, the ai sometimes wont play it well also.
the accuracy - your right its probably not 70%, i noticed that too actually, all i can say that you can post this problem on the revdcm thread, although the guys there are aware of the problems with ranged attack.
so what i can say is that sometimes im not playing with ranged attack... but most of the times i do - i kinda give some advantage to the human player - so the choice is yours my friend.

About the lack of ranged archer units in gunpowde times, well - i think in the past someone informed me about this, i though of not using this ability past medieval times. but if you strongly thinks that such unit type thought the ages is a good thing for ol2, i have no problem of using one of the existing units and add them this ability - its really easy through the xml.
id accept any offer you have of which unit to change, also feel free to change what ever you like and ill be more then happy to add it in.

hope you keep having fun with this, and post here about your games. i like to read those everynow and then :)

hammeredbythor, hello to you and welcome to civfanatics, im honored you chose this mod to post in first.
so i wanna help you but first you have to tell me:
1. what operating system do you use?
2. what is the path where you installed the mod?
3. a screen shot of the problem - the crash can be helpful.

lets start from these and go on.
i hope i will be able to help!

well i must admit best welcome to a site ive ever had lol :D thanks very much!

i runninng windows 7

this is where i installed it too!!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

the thing is its like it just dont connect to the mod and then gives up and returns to windows and civ is not running no more! there is no fail screen :(

hope this helps :D and thanks again

Hey, look, I'm not dead! :)

Sorry it's been a long time since I've checked your mod out, I got sucked into Minecraft and a lot of other games.

And real life has been annoying at times.

I'm downloading your newest version to see how it is. I bet it will be great.

Okay, I just started playing the new game. For some reason, I started in 2210 AD.
Did I break something when installing it?

At least it's the ancient era. :)
Maybe the Perfectworld2g did it?

Keldath,

You may want to check out Community Civ V mod for a concept for ranged bombardment. He has a unique system you may want to read up on. It seems to work well, but his game uses extensive unit art which bogs my machine down. It's basically why I dont play that one much.

As for gunpower units with ranged attack; instead of allowing all units of said type to range attack, how about using a new promotion? Sniper maybe? Or even just make a new unit called the Sniper for the gunpower units? You may need something else for the modern day sniper.

Hmm...you know, thinking about it. Why not use whatever code that allows longbowmen to range attack and just apply it to cannons, artillery, etc? If archery units as a while can range attack, why not siege weapons? Then you can do away with the broken "ranged bombardment" from RevDCM all together.

Couple of other things I've noticed:

The Guerilla II promotion which gives double movment in hills doesnt seem to be working. I've noticed this while using scouts. Might want to give this a look.

My wife seems to insist that defensive bonuses are not working. Not sure if she means tile defense, or defensive promotions, or city defense from walls and such. It's tough to call when I watch the AI attack her cities and her troops don't seem to be holding up well. This might just been real bad luck, but there's no way we can really check to make sure something else isn't missing.

Will give more feedback as we continue to play!
Keep up the good work!

nope its cut off even faster lol perhaps i need to unistall it all and do a reinstall then upload teh mod and patch!! so im guesssing the mod is in the right place and the patch?

Okay, I stopped playing in the year 7210 or so AD. I think that might be a weird issue.
:)

No, that's not that many turns. Only 265 or so.

Glad you fixed the awesome promotions, you know, the hero/exceptional/etc from way back when in Sevomod and then Visa?

Keldeth, didn't you tell me you helped make the Visa mod?

I know Sevo has disappeared.

But the promotions work now, from the buildings, anyway.

DavidB1111...
ho ho ho...long time indeed!
2240? now thats what i call weird :) try a regular map...maybe it is the p world map.
maybe you started a game in my sotm2 mod.. hehe.
have fun with the new version.

Jennvare,
i thought bout ccv, but i read theres some crash there that he cant trace. also theres a lot of parts in that mod and the sdk is probably very full, it will require some time of work to merge the stuff from my mod to his, so i let it go.
but i do know he did some really really good stuff there.
for now , im sure the revdcm guys will do some more versions in the future to better the r bomb.

so, your saying i should replace the regular ranged attack for artillery and such to the likes of the archers - it can be done and once i used that - theres one down size to it - the ranged attack this way - always hits - never misses, and the damage isnt changing (%), but the ai can use it...
what do you think? should i use it? maybe ill make it for you so you can tell me how you enjoyed it.

adding a unit, well i try to avoid adding more arts cause i think im maxing out the stability with the current build, but maybe i will, or as you suggested just add the archer range attack to some modern gunpowder units.

the promotions doesn't work? interesting - i will see what i can do for next build.

oh and using a promotion with ranged attack - it can be done - i know where i can get a code for it , not sure how easy will it be to merge though.

hammeredbythor,
darn, so , what else can we do,
try to do what you suggested, see if that helps.
also theres a path file in the python that may hold the key, i need to take a look at this.

****edit****
david,

yap, im the visa creator, visa - vi stands for my partner, who's not on civfanatics from a long time ago,
and sa is the 2 letters of my real name :)
by the way - through visa mod i build a group of modders that banded together to form world of civilizations, which used modules in civ mods for the first time - later used in rom and many mods..its kinda that i started to roll the snow ball :) makes me proud!

its hard to come by folks that remember sevomods today...its been ages huh?

the promotion - well i had to fix them - using your good advises :)

any more advises would be greatly accepted :)

have fun.

p.s try another map - or different speed for the game you start - maybe that will help - your the first to note this odd thing.

Ah. I wondered if it was you. It has been awhile. :)

Yes. few people remember Sevomod. Or even Visa by now. :) Both my all time favorites. :)
Do you think you'll ever add in the Golden Age gives a chance for free promotions/unique units?

There was just nothing more awesome than getting a tank with Avatar. :) "OH, wow, My tank has 5 first strike chances now!?"

I'd love to see a mod in BTS use that.

Game started slowing down on me too, but my computer isn't the most awesome thing ever, and I forgot to switch the graphics quality lower as time goes on.

And by slower, I mean hitting the end turn button and having the next turn start was a fun 30 second wait. :)

Beats some people while playing Civ 4 mods, who've hit 1 minute plus waits.
also, like the new civics. They're really cool. Conservatism (The one that helps health and what not) is hilariously all kinds of Overpowered, but hey. :)

Also, why does one of the health-care options trigger no state religion? Is there something I'm missing about the health care option that removes unhealthiness from buildings?
I mean, yeah, it's powerful, combined with the Conservatism or whatever it was called.

But what type of health care eliminates religion? That must be the secret mind control health care. :)

Okay, I started a new game and still started in 2210 AD. I have no idea how that happened.
Using the default Pangaea map.

Is there a file I can check to see where the start date is set at? I mean, there's the civdefines file where you can edit how many wonders of the world per city you can have. :)

Also, apparently, Settlers are actually tanks. Because when I first built one, the game said. "You have built Settlers! These units are among the strongest units in the game, etc."
You know, what it does for tanks.

... yeep I also started deep into the future , somewhere at the time the first Warp Drive was originally released :salute:... by 22xx

...I played archipelagos/sneaky continents

..... and it dies on me in modern era .. one or 2 additional turns.... (I tried to research different techs just in case..has to be other civ)
...I altered start time to 10000 BC ... if You wonder...... plus gave my leader all traits for a ..... fun let say
... which reminds me that the date was accidentally changed in globaldefines.xml file... for some reason instead of -6000 there was 22ish when I looked last time before I did 10000BC

Attachments

• Krushyn BC-3230.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Top Bottom