[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

1.i never played with revolutions - i use the defults of the core mod - revdcm - maybe ill take a look on the settings you noted.

2. i havnt played all speeds, so some may not be well balanced - i mostly tested with overlord speed - and the 1000+ turn speeds -try to play overlord - its the best. but thanks for this tip - ill check it out.

All the games I have played have been on Epic speed. I havent had many production issues, but I notice I'm not running away with the game on noble level. Will probably increase this later on. Will try overlord speed though and see what its like.

I have played all my games with revolutions on and, so far, in the games Ive played, I havent had many problems with revolutions in my own empire. However, the AI civs seems to be plagued with it. Usually 1 or 2 AI's may survive to keep pace with me, but the rest usually get destroyed or crippled with a few cities and fall way behind.

3. well thats the ai of civ4, theres not much i can do bout that.

Not sure what you can do here either. I know many of the civs that start a game on turn 1 usually dont survive due to revolutions. I use the religious civs often, which can mean increased instability, but I've been able to manage it and keep it going. The other civs dont seem to be able to cope well.

An idea though, perhaps have religious buildings reduce the instabilty penalty?
Another option, allow the city defense promotions to also reduce the city revolt chances. You do have these promotions available during the modern era as a seperate promotion. Combine this with the city defense promotion and this may reduce alot of the early and renaissance revolutions.

Jennvare,
thanks, weird although - very weird - ill check the upgrade related buildings,

I hope you find it. Normally, I dont mind free upgraded soldiers that give refunds, but I am sure this is not what you intended. I would think updating riflemen to infantry should cost money, not make you money! :lol:

Keep up the good work!

Was just playing 2.4 and noticed tin lack of bonus health resource bug and downloaded the patch for it which made my game not work. Am i right in saying that the patch is only for 2.41? And if so is there a update for a coversion from 2.4 to 2.41 rather then a whole download as my mobile phone net does not like media file downloads (cannot see the download button) cheers

Was just playing 2.4 and noticed tin lack of bonus health resource bug and downloaded the patch for it which made my game not work. Am i right in saying that the patch is only for 2.41? And if so is there a update for a coversion from 2.4 to 2.41 rather then a whole download as my mobile phone net does not like media file downloads (cannot see the download button) cheers

You need both version 2.4.1 and the patch. The previous version did have a health resource bug which he did fix. The Links are both in the first post.

I've finished (well quit) my second game after turning off cultural victory.
I got the same thing as above, built leonardo's workshop and all of a sudden I was getting paid money to upgrade troops. Despite being nice this is obviously a bit of an exploit!
I carried on anyway and got to the end of the modern age but something is causing the computer to lock up and I don't know what, so I've given up. I was miles ahead anyway but it's a shame I couldnt finish

I have a feeling that if you have raging barbarians on, if you can survive, all of your original opponents get annihalated early. They may re-emerge, but you can get ahead fairly quickly and, if you keep the revolution occurences to a minimum, or quash them quickly when they happen, you can easily get ahead of the AI's.

And this is playing on Noble Level. I like the raging barbarians because it can get early promotions on my units and possible a Lead by Warlord promotion! Those help alot!!

Guess I will have to try another game without the raging barbarians and see if my competition can keep pace with me.

PS - Still waiting to see if the upgrading of troops bug(s) will be fixed. As much I love refunds, it is an exploit which can greatly extend you power and lead!

Thanks for the replies, got to a decent computer and downloaded the new version (with patch) and it seems to be working great. Just one question, my gold seems to just disappear at random times, and for no apparent reason. For example, I had 37 gold, with the slider set at +5, as I pressed enter for next turn it went up to 42 as expected, however, just as my next turn was approaching (the delay between turn times) it went down to 17. I was not finishing any units or buildings (which would not do this anyway??) so anyone got any ideas. If it is WAD, then fine, however, would like to understand the mechanics of it if this is thre case.

The "road" improvements cost gold to build. Cart paths are for free, roads are like 5 gold, railroads like 15 gold and so forth.

If you have workers building trade routes, they will use up your gold as they start to build a road in a new square. This is especially problematic if you have workers automated.

The "road" improvements cost gold to build. Cart paths are for free, roads are like 5 gold, railroads like 15 gold and so forth.

If you have workers building trade routes, they will use up your gold as they start to build a road in a new square. This is especially problematic if you have workers automated.

Again,thanks for the reply. No, have not reached tech level for paved roads, this is sonthing else entirely. As a bit of a test I put my research down to zero and was making about 120 per turn as a saving. However, my gold total never reaches 200 as each turn, or every other turn anywhere up to 75 gold mysteriously disappears. Interestly when I run my research at a slight loss (-1 per turn for example) I can go for about 10 turns without this missing gold. I have played a LOT of civ, and many differnt mods and this is the first time I have experienced anything like this. Also, when I was playing the previous version (the one with the health bonus bug) I did not have this problem. As no one else seems to have this problem (that I could find in this thread) maybe a new install is needed (BTW I have tweaked a few this in the xml to suit my own tastes-game lenghth-unit cost-growth rate etc, but these really should not have any bearing on the problem I am describing)

Thanks keldath,

Have tried to upload save game but at the moment I keep getting upload failed (tried many diffent formates, and file size is under limits) Not sure if this has anything to do with it but the icons in the upload screen, 7-zip, winrar, etc are not showing, instead a white square with a red cross show that somwhere the file type in not recognized (I use these all the time on my computer, so weird) I will try to find out what is wrong and get you a save game asap.

zoommooz,

hi,

you can send it to my mail - keldath[at]gmail[dot]com.

thanks the_j.

Keldath, I emailed you the save game, however if you did not get it here it is. BTW in your intro you talk about late game stability, do you think that I will be able to finish a game using your mod on the 18 civ world map? (my system 32-bit, 2.7Ghz 512 graphics card, 4GB ram with 3GB switch enabled)

Attachments

• Roosevelt AD-0714.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
zoommooz,
hi, im very sorry but ive been busy with real life, i hope on this weekend ill have some time to check out the save.

18 civs, well it wont crash or anything, i dont recommend using huge map, but maybe it will slow down on late stages, the mod is lighter in size compared to other mods with similar features - so, if you played rise of mankind - this mod in comparison will be much fater in turn time then rom.

ill be in touch.

zoommooz,
hi, im very sorry but ive been busy with real life, i hope on this weekend ill have some time to check out the save.

18 civs, well it wont crash or anything, i dont recommend using huge map, but maybe it will slow down on late stages, the mod is lighter in size compared to other mods with similar features - so, if you played rise of mankind - this mod in comparison will be much fater in turn time then rom.

ill be in touch.

Ah, real life (what that:lol:) No worries and slower turn times I can deal with, whether it be ROM, History in the making or the surperb new realsim mod, I have never been able to finish a game.

Top Bottom