[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

My mistake. Assimilation is working. I was looking for a different button but I see it is the same button for different units.

hey people,

thanks for the latest info.

im am continuing making balance fixes, some really importants ones.
i took a lot of note through my game - did a marathon game - won a space victory by the nails.

i have come to the conclusion, that my mod have too much unit classes,
and it must be changed.
mostly in modern era, from tanks theres a double unit for each sort, so now i will make just one of each:
1. attaking unit.
2. defending unit.
3. support unit.
4. air unit.
5. naval unit.

here and the ill add another tpe as i see fit.
this will mean ill have to re arrange the unique units, but its something that will allow more clear unit system, with so much units - i got lost....

what do you guys think?

thank god, I'm so happy someone is still developing civ iv content, they dumbed down civ v too much. civ iv ftw.

The Revolutions and the BarbCiv modcomponents seem to not work, I've tried using spies to raise an enemy city's revindex to ridiculous amounts (thousands), and every end of turn I keep getting "error: something script yadda yadda, revolution.endturn, or something like that."

picture with more specific line included.

Attachments

• civ4bts-20110707-174816.jpg
    civ4bts-20110707-174816.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 99
Keldath,

Just curious, did you include the part of your overlord mod that allows building to level up and give free promotions? That was one part I liked about your original overlord mod. Was wondering if you were going to carry it over to here.

Jennvare,

in the last version i removed it cause i made a lot of debug and removed a lot of things to trace a bug,
but if you like it, ill include it for my next version, that im trying to find time to work on -

im contently playing a lot of league of legends - highly addictive.

animalvgamer,

hello, and thank you, civ 5 sucks..so civ 4 mods lives on:0
i know about the bug in revolutions, i hope it will work next version.

im contently playing a lot of league of legends - highly addictive.

I like your mod so far I haven't seen any bugs like i did playing RoM mod which is nice.

By the way I play League of Legends also and your right it's is very addicting reminds me alot of the Warcraft 3 custom map DOTA but better, without limitations. My name in LoL is xCavalier if you need a playing partner. Keep up the good work here and I'll see you around sometime.

Some feedback from a game , i am playing now :

postitive is to play a game with some features of ROM/AND and playing much faster then ROM/AND

Some balance feedback :

the maintenance costs of cities is calculated far too low ( you start with -100% maintenance)
As a result there is too much money in the game , you can set research at 100 % and saving also a lot of money.
revolution and barb. civs are not working good, but this perhaps a part of the ROM/And.

i hope you upgrade the game to a newer Rom version, if it's availabele .

Keldath:
Your mod is realy impressive, and I thank you for your hard work. A couple of things though:
1- I haven't been able to find a way to found christianity. I'm not sure if it's due to the customization of the game that I chose, although I read carefully the instructions of the menu.
2- I noticed that there's no button to turn off the future era. Is it possible to add one?
Once again, thanks a lot for your mod!

cha dawn,
hi,
glad to know you liked it. i know about the income, ive done a great deal of changes to it it the next version.
revolution is indeed something i cant do anything about...sorry.

Propunk,
thank you :)
1. i dont remember i had a problem ith christ - ill check it though.
what nation did you play with ? cause the religions are civ specific.
2. true, i will add it, no prob.

I keep getting a CTD a couple of turns after this save.

Attachments

• romnd-ult.CivBeyondSwordSave
    753.5 KB · Views: 44
Hello ,
found an annoying bug , fighters based on carriers and fusion carriers do not have intercept.
the icon the allows to set them on auto-intercept just isn't there , works fine in cities and forts though.
also , when promoting fighters i ran out of useful promotions around level 4-5 , could you allow combat strength back to them ?

another bug , mobile artilery cannot attack , only bombard , possibly due to having "maximum 0 % damage on attack " , i think it should be 90% .

and again as in previous overlord.2.x.x , some buildings disappear , and sometimes cannot be rebuilt , such as zulu barracks , which in turn blocks the construction of other buildings , like National Epic , or Air Base .

-overall , very stable , managed to finish a game with the Ascension Gate and had about 500 units , not a single problem.

One thing I like very much about this mod is that the AI garrisons its cities very well. In the AND mod, the AI barely garrisons its cities at all - usually just one or two units. How did you go about making that change?

I played this mod when it was still named overlords 2, worked just fine with this version and patch I cannot get it to play. I get an Appcrash error with the mod while loading game works otherwise. Any way to fix? I love playing this mod

EDIT: figured it out, thought I patched the core game it but wasnt that was the cause of my appcrash

Top Bottom