1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The OverLords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by keldath, Aug 7, 2007.

1. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

I believe there is a list in the wonder page itself which states which are the ones which conflict with others.

If you are using those, then simple C&P from standalones will not cause any errors, just that they don't do what they should.

If you are adding multiple ones to the same section such as onUnitBuilt, then follow the order of Gigapack.

Randomly C&P again will not generate errors, except that results are not what should be intended.

So when you are merrily adding 50 wonders to your mod
    1) See if there is any conflict, some are obvious since both wonders add features to a plot.
    A plot can't have 2 features...
    2) Decide if the order is important if they use the same section

2. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

yes thanks for the tips,

sometimes i know how to overcome the conflicts, by doing what u suggested - going to ur packs.

but i try to be careful and add the wonders that their code isnt complicated.

ill tell you a secret - i dl each wonder and project youve made one by one to my cpu, it took a few days :)

3. platyping

I tell you a bigger secret.
    Uploading is worse.
    Now you know why I dont bother to release small components standalones anymore.

In fact, I already removed all the wonder standalones from my pc leaving just gigapack.

4. keldath

hehe yeah i fully understand.

in my opinion, you should stack most of you work in a single pack.

ui single complete mod.
    a mod parts pack - just keep the things commented and people will be able to extract what they want from it.

5. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

Can't convert to Druidism :-(
    I think the religion advisor screen is too small and do no display all available religions

religious advisors.jpg

6. keldath

oh ops,

i need to update the religion screen, when ill get home ill upload it, it wont affect the save you will be able to continue your play/

7. Cruel

Cruel Chieftain

Noooo! :cry:

The small components is more easy to merge! The gigapacks are large, take hours for noobs like me extract your code! I download EVERY your modification just to understand your changes...

By the way, I could merge your UI mods, with k-mod/bug ... at least those in CvMainInterface.py, perhaps Keldath want to make a good use of it, with minor modifications applied to the file he could have again the functionality of the BUG.

8. platyping

The standalones are still there.
    But if the database crash, I won't bother to reupload them

9. keldath

hey crual,

well , my mod is merged with kmod and platy.

i dont think platy ia should be merged with bug.. its 2 different styles.

10. keldath

11. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Chieftain

If you research Druidism and then you do not immediately convert to it, the religion seems not to be accessible through the religion interface. So, you cannot convert anymore. Is this a bug?

(I am new to this mod)

12. ichbinsehselber

Encountered a much worse bug. There is noone around my first city. Then there is the message that my king has been destroyed along with the capital by a barbarian archer.
    Normally barbarian units should only be spawned in the invisible terrain as far as I know...

This seems a huge problem to me.

13. keldath

hi,

druidism - ill check it out, thank you.

barbarians - i think the barbarians are too strong in my mod - plz try to play without barbarians until i fix.

thank you.

14. ichbinsehselber

Thank you for the quick reply!

I don't think in this case it is a matter of strength. Well, there was no barbarian there. The barbarian archer should walk to my city first before it can attack it. It should not just appear there and take it.

---
    Ok I try without barbs

15. keldath

the barbarian pops near the city is because of a special mod part.

ill see what i can do.

16. ichbinsehselber

oh sorry, I did not know that. Perhaps I have to adapt a more defensive playing style then.
    Is there any place where I can read up some kind of introduction for newbies?

17. ichbinsehselber

One other issue: The healthcare apparently gives +1 population to all cities. But that should be a blessing I suppose. But it is a curse if you are at your happiness cap. It does not help to set the avoid growth setting for the city.

18. keldath

hi,

ok - plz write me here everything you want me to change and fix for you - and on friday i will upload a patch for you :)

deal?

i want you to enjoy the mod.

19. ichbinsehselber

That is really an awesome offer, thanks a lot.
    - healthcare population rise should either check the happiness cap or the manual setting in each city to avoid growth. Then cities would only grow if it is desirable
    - as you told me the barbarian attack is intentional. So it should be explained somewhere. E.g. in the text which appears when you start a new game or at some other place which you see fit, so that the player actually builds early defensive unit.
    - Consider making those barbarian strikes a little weaker (not sure if you want that and if it is doable). An Archer at such an early stage is pretty strong it is likely that the player only has a warrior.
    -Check that all religions which are in your mod are accessible in the religion interface. We already know that Druidism is missing.

I have not played much into the mod yet. So, not much input from me yet.

20. keldath

no problem keep providing feed and ill create a patch for you .

this one im not sure what you want me to change - can you explain more plz?