1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The OverLords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by keldath, Aug 7, 2007.

1. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Chieftain

when the healthcare accumulates enough health points and the bar becomes full, all cities grow by 1. This is usually a nice thing. But this is actually a bad thing if you have a city which is just happy and a population increase can make it unhappy.

So, please add a check, so that cities do not grow in which the player sets "avoid growth" in the city interface.

2. cfeyyaz

cfeyyaz Chieftain

I (and the other civs) started with a strength 4 explorer. Is this intentional, or are you still improving the mod? By the time of 3880 BC, i already knew 7 of other nations, which I think is unrealistic. I like, when it is a lot more slow-paced.

3. Horatius

Horatius Chieftain

When you added K-mod, you forgot that it changes gold numbers to percentage. So, instead of just 2 for gold per unit at civics xml, it should be 200. Unless, it is on purpose that units should only cost 0.02 running the mercenaries civic (btw, 2 gold per unit is too much early on probably).

4. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

HI FRIEND,

yes i didnt notice this,

where do i change it?

by the way - long time ago i updated the mod, but i didnt upload it, if you want, ill be happy to load it here today.

5. Horatius

Horatius Chieftain

Simply change the iGoldPerMilitaryUnit at Civ4CivicInfos. Nothing more should be required, I believe.

6. keldath

oh thank you very much.

i will upload tomorrow the newest version of the mod (along with my barsoom mod).

:)

7. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

What do you mean you didn't upload it? You've put 1.4 in July, did you make another version without uploading it :mad: ? :D

8. keldath

hehe yeah..

im lazy uploading stuff,

give me 2 hours and ill get u the latest version,

although - i really need to update a lot of stuff there - mostly platypings.

how about you play some of my barsoom mod?

9. keldath

ok im uploading a beta 1.5 or somthing like it...

i should have done more updates.. but doto isnt my main focus for now :)

---
    ok here it is - http://speedy.sh/89PxJ/DoTo-1.5.rar

some version ive made with plenty of platy stuff.

10. Jennvare

Jennvare Chieftain

Hey Keldath,

I downloaded 1.4 and I am still trying it out. I will skip beta 1.5 until yer fully back in this mod again.
    I'll leave some feedback for you when I get through a few games so you can have a checklist, assuming of course that you want one.

I know you don't like civilopedia entries due to the tedious nature of it, but you may wish to consider it for the major things this mod offers. I have no idea what the healthiness bars is for of what bonuses in conveys. I am also not sure what other things are happening yet. Civ entries may help here especially for major features and victory conditions.

One thing I did notice in most games, if I have raging barbarians on, they almost seem to instantly wipe out many of my rivals very quickly. I actually had 14 opponents at one point and, but the medieval era, all my opponents were killed. I never even made contact with any of them! I did notice that for some, many barbs were showing up in stacks before you could even get a couple of defenders built!! Not sure if this is a feature or not, but it might be worth looking into.

Also, your Global Defines file doesn't seem to be formatted correctly. I like to change settings for max xp for barbarian soldiers and the rate of great general emergence. When I open the file, everything was scrunched into 4 lines that were very extensive. I couldnt find the setting I wished to switch. Just something you should look at.

Hope you come back to rework this. You do good work!

11. keldath

hello friend,

great to here,

first, i can say that you can and should use1.5 i added up, its better, i called it a beta, cause i want to add more stuff into it before ill call it 1.5, so go ahead use it :)

the barbs, yes i know theyr are way to stong, i suggest play with no barbs, or you can manually delete the entries for "pesky barbarians" in the pythons files - in the eventmanager, cvutil, and thats it i think, its really easy.

the globals, well i defined that a long long time ago, any change you see fit is fine by me, when you finish, ill be happy to use what youve made in the mod.

ill update this mod , acctually since i uploaded this latest, i did some minor stuff.
    but if you pay forward a feedback i can use it as a guide to furthur change things, so what ever comes to your mind, just put it in writing and ill edit it in.

so again, i hope you use the 1.5, its better.

the health thingy is a platypings mod - that uses the excess happyness for golden age triger and the excess health uses to raise pop level.
    also can be removed from python if you wish for it.

good luck, looking forawrd to your feed.
    enjoy the game.

12. Jennvare

Jennvare Chieftain

Keldath,

Did one game with version 1.4. Will try 1.5 soon, but I noticed these in yer last version of 1.4

Railroads gave the same movement increase as roads (1/2). So when I had my workers upgrade from roads to railroads, there was no movement increase or bonus.

Also, with the roads, railroads, etc...many times, it says they increase the commerce of a tile. However, when I build them, they do not add anything to it. You may want to look into this.

With ships like the ironclad, it says in their description that they "Cannot enter Mountains" !! I have a feeling you want this to say "Cannot Enter Oceans". You may want to fix this because I can sail my ironclad across the ocean.

Hope these helps. Will try 1.5.

13. keldath

Jennvare ,

thank you very much, i will look into it and fix it in the next patch.

looking forward to your next feedback.

enjoy :)

14. Loffas

Loffas Chieftain

Hi, i´ve been playing LAN with a friend. (DoTo is one of the few mods that work well MP)
    The reason I am writing this post is about the barbarian unit that spawns right outside your city in the beginning of a game.
    I´ve read that if you play on prince and higher more and more barbarian spawn as this single unit once. The problem is that if you play esier there is no challange from the AI. If you play on higher lvl you die in the first few rounds by this unit. On monarch the unit is 4-5 warriors and 4-5 archers all with 4 or 5 upgrades.
    You can not play with an "advance start" that might have givin you as a player a chance to buy a horde of defenders. The unit also still spawns even if you turn of "Random events".
    Is there a way to overcome this problem?
    I have read about this some other place, in a DoTo forum, but there the conversation quickly changed and then was about if that player was cheating or something. I´m not (if that even matters when i´m playing alone) I just wanna play this mod and as is now I can´t.

BR Loffas

15. keldath

hey all,

i updated the mod a bit:

added in kmod 1.42b
    added in many of platypings wonders
    newest platy ui
    platy ui victory conditions
    bad people mod

i removed:
    pesky barbs
    happy golden age/faith mods

i hope the mod will interest some1 :)

so here it is:

SEE FIRST POST FOR THE LINK

16. HannibalBarka

Nice job as always. I don't know if it's me or it' s a bug, but I can't change civics, clicking on available does not seem to do anything for some strange reason

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

17. keldath

oh yeah i noticed it and i forgot to upload a fix....silly me, i did a quick update and didnt pay attention to something.

ill ill load up a patch today, but,
    meanwhile - you can take some civic screen from my older version or from platypings uuuu , or at anymatters - you can take the civic screen from any other mod meanwhile....

18. HannibalBarka

I actually thought about doing so but I don't know which file to change. I actually thought about changing my civics in the WB, but I couldn't do it either (I am getting old :) )

19. keldath

hehe,
    old is a state of mind not of age :)

in the python folder -
    screens folder -
    locate the file that has the word civics in it - i think cvcivicscreens.py.

just find some other screen in another mod.

im at work so i can upload a fix.

20. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Just delete the file...
    Then it will use BTS civics screen