[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

I don't know what a "cache" is, but I think I just deleted everything in the "Profiles" folder as per your instructions:

C:\Users\[YOUR USER]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Profiles

I assumed (not so sure now) that keldath had meant to point you to
...\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache
Of course it's nice, in any case, that it has worked, but it makes me wonder if there is some player option or graphics option that can prevent DotO from launching. I know that the background for the opening menu can cause this – namely when the options profile says that e.g. background number 3 should be used, but the mod has only one background available. However, I believe I've already fixed this particular problem earlier this year (Git commit), so ... :undecide:

Just seems like a pretty annoying state of affairs that the mod may randomly fail to load until some obscure files are deleted.

ng. I know that the background for the opening menu can cause this
humm i didnt know.

randomly fail to load
yup,
well next time ,, ,ill provide.
it happens to me sometimes after some major dll changes.

thanks guys for the debate.

Hello keldath the friendly modder :)

So I finally scrounged up some free time to play again and I am really enjoying your latest additions to DOTO.

I think you've made some interesting decisions, and I'd like to ask a few questions about your mod components. First, I'm sorry, I'm a little rusty at Civ4, but is there a manual/documentation for ranged attack and forbidden religions?

Here are a some things I'm trying to understand:

Ranged Attack
1) Siege weapons seem to receive XP from barracks, but can siege weapons gain XP through combat?
2) The city raider promo is available to the catapult, but can I attack with it? Can siege weapons still suicide attack?
3) What determines ranged attack accuracy? I noticed my catapults have often missed.
4) How do the various promotions affect ranged attack?

Forbidden Religions
1) Is it possible to assign a forbidden religion to an individual leader, rather than a civ?
2) Can more than one forbidden religion be assigned?

Also, this is a little outside your mod, but have you looked into whether it would be possible to assign a second or even a third FavoriteReligion in the LeaderHeadInfos? (And I suppose I could ask the same question about FavoriteCivic ?)

Thank you very much! It's been a while since I played DOTO, but I appreciate all the changes. It has all the pure, simple fun that makes Civ4 so great and I'm amazed at everything you can offer in such a small package (188 mb)! I've always thought that this will be the first mod I'll be able to play on my phone. Thanks for all your enthusiasm and hard work :thumbsup:

hi there,
first thank you for taking the time to play and write :)

manual/documentation for ranged attack and forbidden religions?
well documentation is my week spot...so not so much.
ranged attack - ill refer to your question next,
how did the asi do with r attack btw?

forbidden - it basically as it says, cant convert or found the specific religion.

1) Siege weapons seem to receive XP from barracks, but can siege weapons gain XP through combat?
i have added a random small chance to gain experience if theres a hit (if i remember right)
ill check.

2) The city raider promo is available to the catapult, but can I attack with it? Can siege weapons still suicide attack?
4) How do the various promotions affect ranged attack?
i havnt payed attention to promotions acctually. but yes, i guess i need to adjust the promotions to that end.
maybe add the propmotion values to the ranged attacks. i rendered the move attack / suicide attack not to be possible with ranged.
maybe i should just add a second type of a unit that can ranged attack only and keep some of the vanilla ones.

3) What determines ranged attack accuracy? I noticed my catapults have often missed.
you can change the values that affect damage and hit on the alt global defines xml file , right in the end of it.
ill paste here which ones later on.
my phone.

1) Is it possible to assign a forbidden religion to an individual leader, rather than a civ?.
i guess, the code is on the civilization level. but its possible i guess to create it for a leader.
need to play with the code.
2) Can more than one forbidden religion be assigned?
yes - in the civ4civilization.xml
in doto 1.04 or 03 i had multiple forbidden religions per civ.

Also, this is a little outside your mod, but have you looked into whether it would be possible to assign a second or even a third FavoriteReligion in the LeaderHeadInfos? (And I suppose I could ask the same question about FavoriteCivic ?)
i its possible, maybe realism invictus did that already. need to look.

small package
yup, thats my prime concern, save on data where ever i can .
civ4 cant handle large scale mod contents without a random MAF crash. so i always went on the safe side.
plus , too much sometimes isnt a good thing.

thank you very much for the kind words.
im glad im bringing some civ4 joy over. im continuing development and support.

my phone.
huh thats awesome.

thanks again for the feedback,
awaiting some more :)

yes - in the civ4civilization.xml
in doto 1.04 or 03 i had multiple forbidden religions per civ.
Ah, that's right. Totally slipped my mind. Yeah, you had a version last year with multiple forbidden religions per civ.

forbidden - it basically as it says, cant convert or found the specific religion.
Can one civ spread a religion that is forbidden to another civ? e.g. Can Mali, Arabia, Ottomans, etc. spread Islam to Greece?

i its possible, maybe realism invictus did that already. need to look.
Alright, thanks. I would really like to be able to include a second Favorite Religion for the mod I'm working on.

how did the asi do with r attack btw?
The AI had some interesting tactics. I was at war with Peter, within his cultural borders and he had his archers+longbows withdraw, but he left the catapults behind for a turn to range attack me. It was fun :D

I'll let you know how the rest goes :thumbsup:

The AI had some interesting tactics. I was at war with Peter, within his cultural borders and he had his archers+longbows withdraw, but he left the catapults behind for a turn to range attack me. It was fun :D
thats very cool.
you can share save games so i can see why the ai does what it does.

Can one civ spread a religion that is forbidden to another civ? e.g. Can Mali, Arabia, Ottomans, etc. spread Islam to Greece?
not sure about the spreading acctually.

---
anyway,
candidate 4 is almost ready, im thinking off making it the 106 official we'll see.

UPDATE

here is candidate 4 version.

--Missing code for unit blockade mod option.
--Missing code for hated civs.
--fixed yield from city trade center.
--added early unit - slinger - a mid unit - power of 4 that req no resource - handle early wars when theres no bronze or iron.
--added a building - learning hut - 1 science commerce - early building (since doto starts off with 2 settlers plus i wanted to have more stuff to build than warriors...).
--small ai power tweak i missed form advc.
--some code cleanup.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ck91p3apqbfgqqs/Doto_106_candidate_4.zip/file

unless some major issue come up,
this will become official version 106,
following it ,
i will finish a small project - a light kmod 1.46b with f1rpo fixes and tweaks branch (not advanced civ mod which Doto uses) along with Doto mod options/code as starting platform for other modders.
after that i will begin work for 107 along advc next version progress.

keep cIVing Ya'll.

Hello,

Thank-you for the mod.

Is it possible to have civil wars, and secessions or that barbarians develop into new civilizations?

Hi,
Barbarian civs, i thought about.
I think i will implement PlatyPings barbarian civs mod, pesky barbs mod and enhanced revolutions mod i saw.

Something like in Neotheric World mod, where a barbarian city after their encounter with a few civilizations, after a set number of turns, and a certain amount of population developing into a minor civilization then a full civilization would be nice.

Is it possible also to have wars of independence, where maybe some foreign powers help the rebels with units or spies?

Love the mod so far. Can I use a graphics pack with this mod?

Currently the graphics are a bit of an eyesore. Could you suggest a way to improve them? What I meant was is the mod compatible with Blue Marble or other graphic packs?

Last edited:
Is Free Market a bit OP? I went from -79 per turn to +650 per turn when switching to it.

Top Bottom