[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Can you manage to display religion icon? Edit: Should workers have a ZOC?

Last edited:
hey,
yes,
i can see religion icons on the score board.
i used this : R_J_P_D_B_N!?2WSZCTUAHMQ*LO

workers, you mean with the unit blockade game option?
i dunno - i guess its logical for them not to have it .
i can try and remove it.

FYI -
working on a rewrite for the ranged attack.
did some good improvements.

R_J_P_D_B_N!?2WSZCTUAHMQ*LO: I pasted yours and still did not get religion. Maybe it's something in the options. Or maybe it's sensing I don't like religion.
The worker ZOC (Zone Of Control) is odd. I really like ZOC on the whole though. Something I miss from Civ2.
What's wrong with ranged attack?

well,
time to try and delete the cache.
C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Profiles.
this is basic BUG mod functionality, only way i cant think of where its not working for you is this.

ok - what do you suggest on the ZOC ? how to improve it?

ranged attack - improvement to ai usage i hope and small mechanic change.

"ok - what do you suggest on the ZOC ? how to improve it?"

I think ZOC is good as is. Except for the worker thing.

hi,

i added new code for unit blockade - now the blocked tile are highlighter by nice mild red tile :)
havnt took care of worker type yet.

also,
made some considrable changes to ranged ai code.
im experimenting with situations i create for the ai, and adjust code according to what i expect, for example - ai attack a stack when is in a city,
and the enemy stack is stronger - ranged should be fired since, theres no danger to them by striking.
i have exported some of the ranged attack thresholds to the xml to be adjustable.

im gonna do some more ai tests.
next im gonna change the civics.
any ideas?

I did a complete uninstall and reinstalled everything. When playing vanilla BTS the religion icon is displayed but when playing DOTO it is not. I fear the problem lies with DOTO. The icon also displayed when playing Realism Invictus.

I deleted everything from the install directory and my games directory. If you like you could post your entire Civ and BTS section of My games directories. This would be pretty large.

Why is it that Polytheism discovers Buddhism?

Hi,

you should delete the content in the cache folder:

C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

Why is it that Polytheism discovers Buddhism?
good question....
maybe some old mistake from my old religion system.
i switched it now with hindu.
thanks.

question:
wat is prefered:
the 6 civics lots of options
or
8 civics with less options?

I'd like civics to be more straightforward but each of them also has a downside. For example: Freemarket leads to lots of money but the hippies get uppity when you declare war.

I deleted everything in the location you instructed and it still isn't displaying religion.

Last edited:
also has a downside
i try to make it so.
im doing some updates and im reducing the total effects form civics, so it wont be cluttered. 2-4 good 1 bad.

I deleted everything in the location you instructed and it still isn't displaying religion.
puzzles me.
check cdModname.py under the pythons/contrib folder.
see if the mod name is Doto.
im running out of ideas, thats just a BUG mod issue which i know controlled by default conig files that are saved as cache somewhere.

What other mods use BUG? I could run one of those to see if it's a common problem.

Separate mod?

Advanced civ displays icons.

In noticed that all references to religion in icon form are missing, for example, a holy building gets +1 (culture icon) in cities with (blank).

Installed on a cherry PC with the same problem. Also shouldn't musketeers and cannons require sulphur?

I've been intending to try this mod out but haven't gotten around to it yet. Is there a TSL Earth map? How is the game difficulty and balance?

Top Bottom