[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

vetsion 1.3 doesnt work on Vista 64, the game will be back to desktop when the load the xml.

but is it posible to start a normal game whit 1000 rounds (techtree wher normal but the game will end after 1000 rounds)

:borg: Warning!
This thread is under heavy surveillance. Beware! :assimilate:
We are waching.... :groucho:

By the way.... I played... no errors ... no CTD ... strangely works just fine... too fine.... that is suspicious :dunno:

krushyn.....is that i threat i hear in you voice?....

:)

wellllll........very happy to hear everythings works!

what made me fear of some bug,
was the fact that, if you try aiautoplay in the current version, will cause a ctd,
so i wasnt sure if anything else is affected,

so i rebuilt v1.3,
and found out, that super spies caused the aiautoplay not to work.......

so,
now super spies v 1.2 is out,

and im starting v 1.4,
i thought ill stop at v 1.3, buy i cant!!!!

i wanna add more and more and more!!!!

-update all modcomponants i have (dale, super spies..so on)
-create an entirley mew gameplay strategy with the new mod comp that give the optio to determine units to only move on rads and rails - this will spice up the use of the variety of units the mod have, also will make route pillage have much greater part in warfare....wheres there no roads....no tanks can pass!!!

-should i add more techs??? anyone has some offers? i always thought to add some to the wwI era - where you can build arkv tank - i wanna extend the use of early wwi units.

-add a special future resource?

-add religions corporations?

-what to do with the corp units? personally i dont like them, should i leave them? or shpuld i dissperse them on several techs?

-gonna add sevo mastery victory

plz write anything you have to offer, and try to refer to the quastions i wrote, this willl give me some direction.

THANKS ALL.

krushyn .......DONT MAKE ME HAVE MY PEOPLE TALK TO YOURS AHH? :)

Some bugs.

Fighter naval promotion are not working. If you promoted a plane with it, after you can't use this plane to bombard.
Special unit Hammerhand require manhattan project.
Old units not are always substituted by the new. For example, Knights appear in future eras.

I have had CTD frenquently in firsts turn of game. ¿Some civilization seems bugged?

Anyway, I love this mod.

Great work!

PD: Sorry for my english.

zhardan ,
hi, thanks for the feedback first.

ok,
the unit issues, ill fix, i wasnt aware to these things.

the old unit, i know about the upgdare flow,
its somthing thats on my most important things todo for v1.4.

ctd?....interesting,
noone reported a ctd yet,
the civs arnt bugged for sure, they are the same civs, totally the same since version 1 of 3.03.
perhaps somthing else,
as i wrote before, im not to happy with the current v1.3, cause im aware of a ctd upon activating the aiautoplay,
i now overcome this problem though, on my 1.4 beta.

i would appriciate if you can supply a savegame prior to a ctd you expirience.

happy you like the mod :)

my english aint so good either...no worries..

I had have a CTD now, but reloading not appear more. In previous games in some cases that reload not 'fix' the problem, but i have overwrited these games. If appear anymore CTD that not 'fix' when reload i'll upload it

Some bugs:

- Geologist corporation (sorry, i don't remember his name) isn't possible expand it. Only is possible found it.
- Predator unit not is "usable" (althought you can select it, you can do anything with it)
- Hero promotion aren't working (requeriments says that is need two **, but appear it in any unit)
- Some luxuries are free to trade (luxuries, Olives, etc..)

I saw your mod today and I'm downloading it right now. It looks like a great mod and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Above I noticed how you lamented at wanting to stop at version 1.3, but still wanted more, more, more. :lol: I sympathize with your plight.

Well, I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I've always hoped for the "ulimate" Civ mod that combines the current Civ 4 (dawn of civilization approach up to the contemporary period) with far into the future technology (inspired by Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri). And wouldn't you know, someone seems to be working on an Alpha Centauri mod called "Planetfall" using the Civ 4 engine. I don't know who much tweaking would be needed to add "Planetfall" into this mod (with permission, of course), but it would certainly almost double game size as far as tech trees (and corresponding units). Granted some material may not be compatible (as Alpha Centauri was designed to simulate the colonization of a new planet), but I would think a great deal of the technology would be (and the new units).

Oh, and part of the Alpha Centauri game allowed players to "slowly" alter the terrain (leveling mountains, remove or add waterways, and so forth). I don't know if the Civ 4 engine will allow for that feature, but that might be interesting to go wtih the high-end technological discoveries.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts, which I hope are helpful, or at least milding inspiring. ;)

zhardan

thank you for the important report.

i now realize i forgot to speci[hy which great person spreads corp!

predator...hummm,,,i thought i fixed it.

what do you mean by free to trade?

i might relaese v 1.4 maybe i should call it v1.3.1
cause basicly im gonna do some fixes as suggested here,
also
addind route restricter
super spies 1.2
buildong city size preq
sevo mastery victory

what do you say peopl? should i release this or wait and add more stuff to it?

*****Rone ****

hi,
first , thanks for the post,

i hope you enjoy the mod, and ill appriciate any feedback.

as for my statements on stop at v1.3......
well..........

i dont think im mentally cable of doing it......
i mean i always wanna keep expanding the mod!

so...i cant deny myself, so....this mod will live on, dont worry.

now that mra has gotten his mod out,
i might use his stuff and maybe even make a super merge someday with his work - this is how visa mod for warlords began (if you can remmber).

for now, iil continue to work on overlord.....but...a mega mod for bts, lager and better then rise of manking and history of the world....is on my agenda, no dissrespect to those great great mods that i really like their work and uniqeness.

you gotta keep in mind that im one modder....

as for terraforming,
this is somthing that can be made,
for that, i need to find a python coder who is willing to write the code (visa 2.10 for warlords has terraforming).

i also like the idea from dawn of man to the stars,
merging plaetfull....thats interesting,
maybe some of it parts,
one thing i would really like to have - is cities over water! like the genetic mod - this can open so much options! say you get to future era,
i can set a new victory condition - ocean domination! so much options.... but for that...i need some people with me to help.

so...play the mod, have fun and post anything you think of.

kel.

i am trying to load this mod but it crashes the game before it can even load
i have the newest patch
any help would be great

zhardan

thank you for the important report.

i now realize i forgot to speci[hy which great person spreads corp!

predator...hummm,,,i thought i fixed it.

what do you mean by free to trade?

Are resources that have any value to negotiated in diplomatic exchange (rivals give you it for free).

i might relaese v 1.4 maybe i should call it v1.3.1
cause basicly im gonna do some fixes as suggested here,
also
addind route restricter
super spies 1.2
buildong city size preq
sevo mastery victory

what do you say peopl? should i release this or wait and add more stuff to it?

Release for me! :p

Other bugs.

Cost of world of wonder,Warcry academy, is ridiculous low.
Radio Liberty is a antiwonder :p
Gutenberg wonder only give culture?

Are resources that have any value to negotiated in diplomatic exchange (rivals give you it for free).

humm...not sure i know how do do it, but ill try to have alook, im sure ill get it right.

Release for me! :p

allright...thats good enough for me!
ill start working today on it, and ill try to finish until this suterday!

im planning on adding dom pedros dynamic uu, this will let me add more units in a special way,

next version will be with emphasis on unit gameplay.

I've been looking for a replacement to Marnz mod now that Ive started playing Civ again, I was pleasantly suprised to find your mod quite similar :)
It also incorporated the 40 civs mod (big plus, I HATE the buggy default limit of 16 civs and colonies, I rarely play with more then 12 but in vanilla that leaves only 4 colonies which is woefully inadequate).
Anyway I've noticed quite a few minor bugs/misses here and there, mostly to do with units.
To name a few, submarines: Their unit statistics and roles are confusing. The attack submarine is stated to be used as a missile platform and supposed to be weak against other subs, yet it has +50% vs submarines.

The Typhoon, russian UU of the attack sub IS a missile submarine, but has +70% defense vs other subs, which doesnt make it weak at all. I'd think that the Typhoon should be the UU to the nuclear sub (which should get missile capability and lower attack value, 24 on nuclear/typhoon and 28 on attack subs).

Either that or keep typhoon as UU for attack sub, give attack sub missile capability and give nuclear sub bonus vs submarines.

Several units have odd unit bonuses here and there, but I'm hopeful that you'll sort em when you go through them :)

Also, Shrines (one of the first buildings avaliable, the one that gives -5% maint and -10% WW and has no religion req.) have an insane cost (230 base I believe) making it nearly as costly as stonehenge :)
I've lowered it to 50 myself, something along the lines of 50-75 should be appropriate.

I do have a question regarding destroyers, battleships and aegis cruisers. I feel that the attack value for destroyers are a bit high, almost equal to the battleship (38 vs 40) and the Aegis CR has a meager 30? Or do you intend to let destroyers be "endgame" ships and not replaced by aegis cruisers?

Also, I haven't tried this myself yet, but I was wondering if cruise missiles can be loaded onto missile cruisers and the typhoon, or is it just tactical nukes?

Keep up the good work!
Regards,
Vanch

Edit: Oh and I'd say release the minor bug/unit fixes now and work on 1.4 after that. Balance/bug fixes are more important then new content imo.

Top Bottom