[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

krushyn,
yeah i try to work whenever i have free time :)

Oatse
hi,
im affraid for now im not gonna add much units,
cause i have one goal with this mod - to make it to be stable and ctd free,

most of the mods that their size is around 200-300 mb, will most deffenetly crash on late game stages and each turn wil crawl.

i prefer to give a rich game without diversity units, in a well stable mod.

:)

besides, if i do wanna dd the diversity units...ill need help from someone cause its alot of work to one man.

happy to report that i succesfully added the inquisition mod, no limited religion though,
but ill make up by adding more religions.

Hi KEL !!
I dont know it is too late for this but I have a little request for your 1,5version!!!!
Me as your world biggest fan(ok and krushyn) I hope you gonna make it for me!
I would wreally like to see this two units as a special units for russia or some another country if you like this units wich I hope you do!!!:mischief:
its swat sniper from zerverView attachment swat_collection.zip,and white mig 25 jet(I wreally like this unit)View attachment mig25.zip.
If you have time and if it isnot to late or a big job I would wreally appreciate this!!!
take care!!!!!
POZDRAV!!

Problem with Promotions:

I looked into the Attack promotions and realized that there is no " Citydefense -15 (-20) ".
I think that is kind of stupid because even if I play defensive I would go for Attack promotion instead of Sentry? which gives +20 city defense.
That would just be a lost of 5% city defense but a huge gain in offensive capabilities.

I also realized that sometimes the computer has i.e. a cavalry unit with Attack4 which gives 65% bonus to attack. But if I attack him in open fields it is stated "+65%" he is not getting the -65% defence penalty.
At least it does not appear in the battle odds calculation.
Is there a unit or something in a stack which nullifies the penalty ? Or does it just not show in a calculation but is anyway used during the battle?

In my opinion this defence penalty should apply to every tile the unit is standing regardless of being in a city or a in a stack, because otherwise the other promotions loose their value - and the game looses a good deal of flexibilty and fun.

What do you think ?

SIMPA hi there,

no problem.....ill make you a special eddition with the units you wish :)

how can refuse you?....

RealAtaman ,
i agree with your notes, promotions should have an up and down side,
i will add the penalty as you suggested,
id be happy if you write here what should be the proper values for the varius proms, it will spare me some time :)

sorry guys but i didnt had much time these last few days to work on 1.5,

ill work a little more on the weekend, im half way to adding super spies.

anyone knows whats the status with revolution mod 1.43? is it stable enough?

SIMPA hi there,

RealAtaman ,
i agree with your notes, promotions should have an up and down side,
i will add the penalty as you suggested,
id be happy if you write here what should be the proper values for the varius proms, it will spare me some time :)

I just tried adding the penalty but it seems I was wrong. I played around and after changing sides during game Units would get twice the defence penalty (1X city 1X tile i.e. grassland). So it seems to work fine as it is. At least between Nations.

But I definitely have a barbarian Macemen defending a city with ATTACK2 promotion which is not getting any penalty (even after I added the second one), but the additional strength +30% . But for barbarians I would not mind.

Very strange :confused:

If you want, I can take a screenshot of the battle odds statistics.

So lets keep it as it is :D .

A question about inquisition:

I'm trying to achive a religious victory. For that I want to remove a non-state religion from on of my citys, wich has the state religion too. I already have an inquisitor in that city, but the only buttons showing up are sentry/goto/disband. No "remove"-action.
I tried every religious civic, but I'm not able to remove religions in any of them.

Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong? In the original inquisition-mod thread it is said, you need the civic of theocracy, wich is not available in this mod...? :confused:

Is there a line we can add somewhere (in the programing) that will add the botton for the inquisiter? If the button comes out blank it will stil be good.
Thanks,

version 1.4.1 is out ! ! !

ok folks, i decided to release a mid version before 1.5

so i added:
bug mod 2.22
vicinity mod by shqype
dale 1,5

im trying to merge revolution mod, but i jave some difficulties,

i also have to do some more stuff like take a look at the speed issues, and cultural threshhold.
that will be updated on v 1.5

im not sure when ill release it, cause some busy times are ahead, so heres v 1.41. for your enjoyment.

*simpa, dont worry i havnt forgot your requast, ill release an updated for you in the coming week i hope.

Top Bottom