[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Hum. Can't seem to save the edits. Just keeps putting the deleted lines back....(Duh! Help)

No wait! Gottit! Just bein' sloppy! Deleted all the 'passable route' stuff and now I can load my cannons!!! Yes! Off to get those damn barbarians now !!

Excellent, I had no interface problems with this version.

Thank you very much for your hard work.

I look forward to 1.5 :goodjob:

Tried 1000 BC for BTS and 600 BC for BTS with this, but no luck.:(
(Otherwise looking fine though.);)

BTW, did you know there are plans to combine the HOLY WARS & The Crusades modcomps?:mischief:

thanks for the compliments guys, i worked my butt off on this :)

JEELEN
hey,
im not familiar with those......can you link me?

i kinda been keeping track of the holy war,
i wanted to merge it, but, the guy wrote the code was in consistent , and did not note which files where altered, so, i left it for a later version, though, i isolated some of the code.

jellen i see you post in too many mods, you should be working on moo2civ!!! i cant wait for a good ff mod!!!! keep up your v gppd job!

I have so much fun playing Overlord..again...again AGAIN!
Funniest thing is that I can bet before I finish this game with 1.4.1 I will have ability to ....start new one with 1.5..... How to get bored?....... NEVER!

Two small glitches...well.... I did enable stack attack.... and sometimes when I click 3 pack of my blitzkrieg 3x Nubian cavalry small special task bla bla bla army it hangs... sort of cannot space' it or switch but entering city and exiting gives me ability to space' the turn. Second.... right about now well... 2 minutes ago I have strange interface hang /something. When I visit city by double-clicking I cannot exit it ...well in Small center window I have sort of regular part map with frame of city interfaces which do not want to disappear. However quick save , re load of that save cures that ghost. Suggestions? ... now it happening every time I enter city... wasn't like that unitil (529 turns)

Except that playability of O2 1.4.1 is beyond my expectations...it just pure fun! I give it credit and finish my game before...starting new one with upcoming 1.5!

Thanks Master of Masters ;)

JEELEN
hey,
im not familiar with those......can you link me?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8027
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8095

i kinda been keeping track of the holy war,
i wanted to merge it, but, the guy wrote the code was in consistent , and did not note which files where altered, so, i left it for a later version, though, i isolated some of the code.

jellen i see you post in too many mods, you should be working on moo2civ!!! i cant wait for a good ff mod!!!! keep up your v gppd job!

Well, posting is easier than modding. (But I'll get on it tomorrow.)

krushyn
awesome! you know i envy you that you can find the time to play..

the problem with modding is that its like playing civ, there is no enough....

as for the bug....well i know dale 1.5 has bugs in it, and also some ctds,

i reccomend nt to use stack attack and op fire to avoid crashes.

jellen, thanks.

you know, i thought of building an ff mod from scratch with some cool stuff, but the only thing thats missing are unit models.....

its a shame only aa few were made so far, ff could be such a great platform for civ4...
iguess by the time more models will come our...will have a new galactic civ or civ5..:(

krushyn
awesome! you know i envy you that you can find the time to play..

the problem with modding is that its like playing civ, there is no enough....

as for the bug....well i know dale 1.5 has bugs in it, and also some ctds,

i reccomend nt to use stack attack and op fire to avoid crashes.

jellen, thanks.

you know, i thought of building an ff mod from scratch with some cool stuff, but the only thing thats missing are unit models.....

its a shame only aa few were made so far, ff could be such a great platform for civ4...
iguess by the time more models will come our...will have a new galactic civ or civ5..:(

I will humor You , Keldath.... those two small, tiny petit glitches were, well, I guess a local /my issue. It all disapear as soon as I started to complain about it , guess they got scared of me or something...... More or less...everything seems to work flawless from now..... even overal performaqnce seems to be much improved.... It seems that i can play more civ's than before without slowing down ... I can play civ in window, watch my favorite old series, download and task web pages for research, using at the same time 2 comunicators.....
Great...did I mention ordering pizza from Dominos?...same time, dudes , same time........

Keldath,

While you're 'ironing', a few other wrinkles:

- Swiss Pikeman still needs oil

- In the rersources panel of the city screen (top right) there's a lot of misrepresentation:

Sulphur represented by horse
Cotton olives
Lemons sugar
Tea cotton (I think)
Potatoes bananas
Hemp bananas
Coffee rice

Kinda cute but anyways.......

krushyn ,

boy oh boy...you live the good life my friend...have me a slice here...

Pilotis
thanks,
ill change the swiss
as for the city icons, im aware, it requires some font working and im not familiar with it verywell for now.

anyway people,

ive decided to start a new mod - for final frontier!

ive been looking on the upcoming ones b5, star trek, mylons, they are all great ones indeed, but i might start a new sci fi mod, without a special theme.

i collected a varaiety of 35 space models that i can use, many of then are star wars units, but who cares... they are space ships! and they are un used cause it seems star wars mod is dead in the water!

ill try to implement overlord2 system into ff, along with the modpack here.

im nt stopping the work on overlord2 no worries people. :)

Hi Keldath,

I got problems again with my interface with Version 1.4.1 - it is gone like before. This time even changing the paths in cvpath.py does not work. I even installed the game new and did not change any installation path.

Two issues might be a problem:

First I have Civ gold complete - but I saw that there is an alternative path already implemented for that.

Second I got a german windows - so the paths within windows are completely different.

i.e. I changed the installation path - which worked with 1.4

import _winreg
""" Windows """
def __getRegValue(root, subkey, name):
key = _winreg.OpenKey(root, subkey)
try:
value = _winreg.QueryValueEx(key, name)
return value[0]
finally:
key.Close()

def _getUserDir():
myDocuments = __getRegValue(_winreg.HKEY_CURRENT_USER,
r"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders","Personal")
civ4Dir = os.path.basename(_getInstallDir())
return os.path.join(myDocuments, "My Games", civ4Dir)

def _getInstallDir():
subkey = r"Programme\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword"
dir = __getRegValue(_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, subkey, "INSTALLDIR")
if (not dir):
subkey = r"Programme\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword"
dir = __getRegValue(_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, subkey, "INSTALLDIR")
return dir

But it is not working still all interfaces are missing.

ANy idea.

Thanks

RealAtaman
i really wish i could help,
but dont understand this system my self, all i did was to use the bug files as a platform for ol2,
and i guessed that they made it vista working,
i suggest you go throught the bug team forum, and maybe askem, i went through it myself a bit, and theres many disccussions about the cvpath.py file and civ complete.

im sorry i cant help here.

hi ,
if anyone have some suggestionsfor what i should put in my new ff mod id be happy to get some ideas, for:

-civilization + leaders
-units
-techs

anything you can come up with.....

for starter ill enhance the current ff mod with units techs and buildings,
once i do that, ill go on to the added mods, mostly what i have in overlord by the way.

as for overlord2,
plz do report any feedbacks, ill accumilate some and release the final 1.5.

oh and ive picked a name for the new ff mod : Into The Void !

New mod - this sounds interesting,with your knowledge and little imagination
I m sure you gonna make great mod!!!;)
Is this gonna be future mod(that would be great),I wreally miss old games where humans fight against machines:scan:
It would be great if you make some kind of human federation against aliens,and I think that on forum you can find some great units and Stragety only allredy made some great alien civilizations and with all that together you have great mOd!!!
MaN that would be wreally great,If I have some knowledge in moding I would help you but I dont have:(
TaKe care KEL!!!!

Using 1.4.1, I get a reproduceable crash to desktop at the moment I choose to found druidism. I will give you more information if you need it.

Great work on Overlords 1.41, it's one of the few mods I can play on vista with no problems :)

Wirklichkeit on druidism? that really wierd, i had it a few versions back, ill chech this out, though noone reported this bug, and moreover, i havnt touched this religion.

but, thanks for the update.

maxbjr, glad to hear that:)

simpa, did i mentioned your num 1?

hi ,
if anyone have some suggestionsfor what i should put in my new ff mod id be happy to get some ideas, for:

-civilization + leaders
-units
-techs

anything you can come up with.....

for starter ill enhance the current ff mod with units techs and buildings,
once i do that, ill go on to the added mods, mostly what i have in overlord by the way.

as for overlord2,
plz do report any feedbacks, ill accumilate some and release the final 1.5.

oh and ive picked a name for the new ff mod : Into The Void !

Er... not wanting to discourage you but there are two FF mods already in existence that could use some assistance (Star Trek Mod by deanej and MOO2Civ); I've started a thread for MOO2Civ, but - being quite new to modding - any help would be greatly appreciated.:please:

Top Bottom