[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Good, thanks I am trying my best to do what I can to give back to the gaming community, Gaming has helped me a lot in my life, 30+ years of it. :lol: Keeps me out of trouble.

I run your Mod, works perfect, till I try to build a settler. The CTD unrecoverable, I am running vista Ultimate. I tried it with the patch and without, same issue.

I play a bit oddly always custom game, with AI as my ally, custom continents, 1 per team, I make 1 AI team, leave the other 6 to be random on any of the 6 land masses.

I'm going to try it again playing a normal map, normal settings, how I do it is weird :p possible reason for the CTD. I will check out your new Mod, but I am still putting your Mod on my site, use it as a mirror, let users choose, our speeds are fast, soon be even faster. ;)

Keep on Modding man. :D

Edit: Apparently, your Mod and others, don't like me Teaming with the AI, doing custom continents, it is working fine, except one thing. I keep getting these RED colored alert messages -> Land Area of 10 (.36%) exceeds the domination limit (0), Population of 4 (14.3%) exceeds the domination limit of (0). I will need to run another Mod again too, Rise of Mankind 2, his had an issue something like yours did.

Call me silly, but playing with AI as my team mate is a lot more fun to me. I play a higher difficultly level, kind of like playing with a rather dumb friend at times. :lol: Though I must say, the AI seem to be doing things better then the normal Civ IV AI. I used Earth2 map script, seems it made on huge land mass with many islands, I met like 9 civs so far.

Great job you did, I will setup your mirror real nice for you, redirect support back here of course. ;)

~Happy Modding & Gaming. ;)

jey Kitsune420,

well as far as i know my mod isnt vista copattible, atleast in certain settings,
every vista player that played this, had a ctd, xp user, never reported this to me...

so if you found a setting that doent ctd...thats good news..

the red alerts are just somthing the bug mod team added - you can easly cencel it through the bug screen - press ctrl+alt+o, anf go to the alert tab.

thanks for the mirror,
now kick some ai ass:)

I had a feeling you were going to say that. :lol: I'm about to toss Vista go back to good old XP till windows 7 is finished. They have XP compatibility mode that includes service pack 3. I have for the moment, 64 bit Vista Ultimate sitting here ready to install it. I hear 64 bit users don't have issues with any Mods.

Perhaps I will install 64 bit Vista and do a dual boot XP professional. I love Civ so much I'd do that.

No problem for the mirror, all of you guys should have a reliable place that isn't using your work to make money off it.
Right now I am testing out the Mods released, pick ones that are the best of the best, then do the others that work. This is my hobby, running my website, helping the gaming community as much I can. All out of my own pocket.

I tried to play your Mod again, on a standard map, it didn't crash yet, but to be honest, I suspect it has something to do with the game speeds. I love long long games, I picked the 3000 turn one the first time, 2nd time 2000, this 3rd time so far so good with 1200 turns. I want to start in 6000 b.c with 5000 turns :lol:

Off topic: Yes I am a true hardcore game addict, with Civ IV, Sins of a solar empire (they fixed all those bugs and soon MP games will allow 1000 players, Gas Powered games partnered up with them to make it happen.), plus a slew of FPS games I play, and quite a few RPG games. I spend a good 100hrs a week gaming alone, the rest of my time is spent working on my website or at my home business.

Thx for the fast reply. I would love to help test the you new Dunes Mod, maybe help make it Vista friendly. :D

This mod is probably one of the best ones, I really ejoy the mods that people do with a lot of units, rather than a mod that improves funcionality. I run it in XP SP3, I never get a CTD.

Please continue the great work, keldath :thanx: :goodjob:

tank you housemadrid,

glad you liked it :)

i wont be updating overlord2 mod for a while,

cause im working on a dune wars mod, see my signature link for more info.

but,
i still love this mod, and when ill finish with my first dune version, ill update this mod to with more stuff i have in mind.

Kitsune420,
sorry, if you still here,
i completely forgot to reply you,
im all concentrated in dune now...

hope theres still people that play this one :)

Any plan on updating to RevDCM 2.0?

Was interested in this mod and will dl it in a bit to tes it out. But I noticed that your revdcm is behind *lol*. Of course, if you don't want to update, that is fine. I don't really use rev, I just use dcm part.

Hello, I have repeated crash gamesave for you. It is weird because I play RoM and NEVER get crash from it except for Megapack.
View attachment 215206

hi,

what setting are you playing?

i never had a ctd with overlord,

i dont have much time to check it but ill try,

plz write what game seetting, and if you reload game - can you pass over the ctd?

Sure, no prob.

BarCiv
TechDiff
Assimilation
DynamicName
Huge hemisphere (2 massive continents, regular islands)
Marathon speed

Hmm, maybe it's another mod, but I do play a lot with Dynamic Names, and I never get any problems...
Then again, I also don't do anything crazy like play on a huge map, which in Vanilla Civ 4 takes a lot of memory, let alone this mod. :)

I have a Dual core, and it's still impossible to run something that huge in size!

Seriously, I don't know why those big sizes were created, because God's personal Computer would have a hard time running some of them...:crazyeye:

PArdon the religion.

Incense requires Hydroponics? Oh, wait, never mind. Stupid Display bug.
Scouts can walk on peaks? What?

Could you take out the Attack Promotion, because the AI abuses that promotion like crazy! Gahhh. It makes wars a lot harder than they should be....

Also, since there's no way to actually gain Fort Bonus, or the Avatar/hero/elite, etc bonus, how about removing them, unless I keep missing something...I want my Avatar Tanks.

Also, scouts can walk on peaks, along with apparently, Dark Crusaders! :)

david,

yeah the hero promotion...some are just can be won...my bad..sorry...

i got some bug to fix there....

ok thought of another thingy,

maybe for now, take out carryall units,
and ill make a railroad type route, that can be built on all terrain - or say just desert terrain - and land units will walk on it like rail road. we'll Call it carryall route....

im just making up ideas that will alow us to use koma's maps.

thanks,

humm,

i dont recommend playing with dynamicnames - its known to cause me problems,
also - huge map will probably cause a ctd with alot of civs in it.

try playing with lower number of civs, and perhaps the modcomps i mentioned off.

:))

I doubt it is Huge map problem because I play bigger than Huge before and it is only slow turnover. I played huge maps in other mods and vanilla games and they are FAST except when explored maps get big, then they just slowed down a bit and made worse by annoying dip-screens popping up all the time *griowl*. I will try to turn off dynamic names and report back to you later.

Okay, so you have a good computer. Fine. :)

I seem to have issues getting money from conquering cities. Could it be related to Mercenaries?

Nope, it's a big bug! Sorry, you need to fix it. I can't gain any money at all from any city conquering, and I need it. :(

OKay, even though I switched over to Pro Army again, fotr awhile I got no money, now I'm getting money again? What the heck is going on?

Here is an error message after I crash.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49bc0d5c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000f35e0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 759f
Additional Information 2: f1cad72b56a2e6adc9c8ae735992dd58
Additional Information 3: 734e
Additional Information 4: 996f9e5d10a9dffbfdf4fe4d3fc78750

I tried everything... even went smaller size. Still CTD after several turns.

Top Bottom