[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Sorry mate, but your mod is crap.

Quantity: Good
Quality: omfg not so good :D

Your units are so confusing and not well designed. 5% bonus? Whats that? Who needs this? 10% vs unit X, 15% vs unit Y, 20% vs unit Z - OMG it's so confusing.

AND: Your unique units are extremly bad designed and/or bugged. for example: you chinese UU ninja costs 20 more production but has no advantages over macemen AND recieves -10% city attack? hahahaha. whats this? a maceman which is WORSE than other macemen but is more expansive? hahahaha. and the buttons for infanterists are nearly all the same.

Well... a look into civilopedia is enough. Won't play it mate, you should really make it less confusing.

well thats your opinion.

i respect what you think,

i did my best as a single modder,
i cant do everything by myself,

i know some tweaks is needed with the unit,

the art - is reduced to lower mod size - to make it more stable.
the pedia entries are empty - cuase i didnt want to waste my time over it, its not that important.

like it or not this is a stable mod, and i liked it.

no need to be so rude though...

maybe youll find my dune mod a bit better for your taste.

Don't let the bad people and/or trolls get to you, Kaldeth, this is a great mod. Obviously, there are a few issues even I have with it, but they've been mostly sorted out.

I just wanted to know why randomly I don't get money for attacking cities. OYE! :)

I don't think it's possible to make it to forum page 43 if a mod is 'crap.' Have an opinion, Cybah, but have some tact along with it.

There are some issues though. I've played this mod through most of it's early to mid life and it was always one of my favs. But I recently re-installed and ran straight for Overlord heh, only to find that it seems somewhat unfinished.

This mod introduces some fantastic concepts and implementations. It's certainly one of the most ambitious works on this site, but it looks like many ideas were rushed in at the end and never really polished.

I know you've moved on to the Dune Mod, Keldath, but I do hope you stop back in to dot some 't's and cross some 'i's ;) because this mod, while still quite good, could use some TLC.

For the record, it is still a quite playable and ejoyable mod as is. I've always been a fan and that hasn't changed. Good luck in all you've got going Keldath. 8)

DavidB1111, Daegan,

thanks alot guys for all the kind compliments.

much appreciated.

i know this mod requires some sirious work, i have many things id like to balance and change,
i agree sometimes theres stuff that may annoy here.

through my work in dune mod, i have learnt many new things and xml functions that i didnt put attention in overlord,

i will return to update this mod, to all of the new revdcm componants and more,

but...you know i gotta get to a decent version of dune mod,
i recommend you try it :)

thanks again guys.

I might have to try it out, Keldath!

Finishing a Thomas' War game and then I'll be lookin' for something new. :)

And it's good to hear you'll be back to tidy this mod up eventually, too. :goodjob:

Sorry mate, but your mod is crap.

Quantity: Good
Quality: omfg not so good :D

Your units are so confusing and not well designed. 5% bonus? Whats that? Who needs this? 10% vs unit X, 15% vs unit Y, 20% vs unit Z - OMG it's so confusing.

AND: Your unique units are extremly bad designed and/or bugged. for example: you chinese UU ninja costs 20 more production but has no advantages over macemen AND recieves -10% city attack? hahahaha. whats this? a maceman which is WORSE than other macemen but is more expansive? hahahaha. and the buttons for infanterists are nearly all the same.

Well... a look into civilopedia is enough. Won't play it mate, you should really make it less confusing.

Why don't you do a better job instead?

Huh. Ask and you shall receive.
I smell something funny. And I don't like it, The J, and Cybah.
Perhaps you're not the only Paranoid man her, J, but I think something is fishy...
<Arms missiles>

In my defense, I'm a very defensive person. And I don't like random insults that have no basis.

I can't get the game to launch when using Sto's 'Full of Resources' map script. Am I a moron or is it incompatible?

Both maybe? :)

Hi,

I was looking forward to trying this mod after Thomas War proved too much for my old computer, some of the features in this sound amazing.

Unfortuately, on my very first game I get a CTD on turn 29 every time.:sad: I'm running Visa 32bit Home Premium. I've attached my save game in case some kind person wants to see if they can reproduce the crash and maybe let me know whats going wrong.

Thansk in advance for any help.
fatSki

UPDATE: So, I read a bit of the thread and tried another couple of games with the revolution mods and dynamic civ names off but I'm still getting CTD's early game (turns 36 aqnd 43 in the last two), still no idea whats causing it though. I've got Blue Marble installed but it doesn't seem to be in use in Overlord, could having it installed be causing problems?

Attachments

• karnowski BC-2840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    77.4 KB · Views: 71
hey fatski,

welcome to cfc and my thread :)

vista is known to have ctds with my mod,

its due to some line that looks for win xp,
i dont remember how to fix this im afraid.

in the next versio of this mod it will have a fix for it,
try going back through th post s here - i know somewhere theres a file fix for this issue.

i wont get another overlord2 version for the next month,
im working on dune mod, and have too much busy life right now,
i plan on perhaps august or remember to renew overlord2.

:)

hey keldath,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've been reading thought the thread and I figured I was suffering the Vista issue. I'll try reading through for a fix but it's a loooooooooooooooooooong thread (shows the popularity of the mod I guess). I've tried searching the forums for vista, crash and ctd and different combinations of those three but you get so many results it's hard to find the fix you're looking for.

The fact that it always happens around the same time in the game makes me think it must be some tech getting researched or unit getting built that causes it, but I don't really know enough about these things to say for sure. I've been lurking about this forum for a while, slowly learning how to make small mods, but I'm still at the level of a total amateur.

It's a pity, I really like some of your ideas, the first 40 turns sure were fun :) but I'll just try other mods (I'm liking the look of Legends of Revolution) and keep an eye on this thread to see when the new version comes out.

Oh, and even though I've not gotten to play much of it yet, thanks a lot for all the hard work and love you've put into this mod, it's you and people like you that make this game still so worth playing after so many years.

Fatski

try version 1.9 , I use vista and have the same trouble with version 2
version works 1.9 works fine for me.
It's a bit unbalanced but it's good fun anyway

Top Bottom