Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by keldath, Aug 7, 2007.
First of all, thank you for this great mod! Unfortunately, I have run into some trouble - when I click end turn button the cursor does not change into the spinning globe, and the game just hangs. It does not crash, it just gets stuck and nothing happens no matter how long I wait =( Savegame and logs attached. Please, help.
I tried on continents, but it didn't help. It still crashed.
Do you want me to do it again, but with a save state?
Well....to all of those who watched me struggling with Win 7 64 and O2 : The Battle is officially over! I can run and play O2 on my $^$$%^ Win 7!I am not sure what I did right(probably deleting custom assets ) but after playing some other mods I went back and.....ITS ALIVE!
However.... after few fascinating hours of gameplay I got my CTD ... persistent one. Here is my save Could you be such a spirit and take a look at it?
I started playing your mode and noticed that though my first city has expanded in culture I still cannot access the second ring to build anything. Is this intended? btw, thanks you for your mod
i will try the savegames on the weekend,
thanks for loading these.
its intended, keep nurture your city, eventually youll have a 4 ring tile city size.
hi, for some reason i cannot load the mod,
perhaps our versions are different.
i havnt changed anything,
i can only assume that you changed something or did a wrong installation?
could it be?
same thing, i couldnt load the save.
edit: i have changed some stuff in my version, i will re install 2.2 original, so ill test the save again.
I will wait.......impatiently
I load and start the game but it "stops working" after about 20 turns.
hi and welcome,
can you tell what system do you have? xp/7?
also - what languege, and which map did you try.
i really dont know why all of you guys have problems, ill try to figure this out, i think its due to the operationg systems.
Hi Kaldeth, I have vista 64 bit. I played the planet generator game. I deleted the game and reloaded and had the same problem so I don't know what gives. As far as I got though, the graphics are really great.
Maybee someone know?
Mod starts without any interface, and game options didnt work(ctrl+alt+o).
try to play archipelago or continents.
u r running other language then English probably, the mos is only for English.
I will try to install English version of Windows
I've been playing 2.2 for some days now. I love some unique things in this mod: religious discovery system and the unique units (the religious linked units and the national units). However, here are some of the "remarks" I want to make:
1. AI seems to be struggling with the city culture thing. They put huge distances between their capital and their new cities (they try to avoid late game overlap I suppose ….), but that makes them build very few cities (some just have the capital), when they can easily put 3 or 4 cities in their own land. They therefore have a hard time thriving.
2. AI tends to build cities (first one after the capital) miles away from their capital, two or three civilizations away !!!! That is maybe linked to the remark 1 though.
3. AI seem to be crazy about building over strategic resources: iron than copper and horses. Sometime it is understandable but sometimes it is just so dumb: they build a crappy city when they could by moving one tile build a magnificent city and still keep the bloody iron in the first ring!!!!
4. AI barely build any military and that is the first time I see this, very often in other mods, I complain because AI tend to build hordes of units. In this mod, I could wipe every one if I really wanted to with just a dozen swords. Oh and I play Emperor or Immortal.
5. The game is unbalanced between the stuff to build and the production available: you added many wonders, buildings etc, and create many expensive units but production and growth did not follow. There are so many wonders that many ancient era wonders are still not built in the middle ages, and again I play Emperor or Immortal. I usually play standard size, so I tried to play large to put more civs in and increase the number of potential wonder builders, but the result is still not that good. In the last game I am trying a large map (18civs), full of resources and hills (for production and growth) and without the city culture condition to see if the result is better. I honestly think that you need to balance things out because it is frustrating (and it does not make sense) when you can still build the Mausoleum while you’re searching Guilds!!!!
thank you for the productive feedback.
i agree that a lot of balance needs to be done.
what i should do is remove all of the buildings and re add them with balanced costs and effects.
the ai issues, well i wasn't aware to those,
how about if ill remove the 3 sized cities? will that balance a bit more?
I tried a game with a city radius at 2 after the first culture level increase (like normal basically), but keeping the radius 3 and 4 for the last two culture levels. It did not work because the AI still put miles between two cities.
In the game I am playing now, I just removed all culture-radius thing and it seems working better (I am on pare with many other civ in terms of number of cities built).
well, im not happy with the current build.
i would like to do a redo of the mod,
perhaps i need to clean up the tech tee from buildings, and reset the speed options, and start from scratch to balance the mod better.
also , maybe i should remove some of the mod componants?
For some reason I am having a issue with the game crashing to desktop. At first I pushed it off as just my computer sucks, because i was on a mammoth size map with a countless amount of civs it happened about turn 40 and 60, but it was not reproducible so I just figure it was the big map.
I then did a huge size map with the listed settings. It is turn 70 and it has crashed 3 times in a row. All three times it has just went to the desktop and or said BTS is not responding. No error message. The save is attached. I am playing as Inca, tectonics huge world, and emperor level. Overlord 2.2.
Start as minors
Hope this save may help but knowing my luck it will be fine for you guys.
Downloading now. 438 Megs of modly goodness! Yall are really dipping into my ability to work!!!
Separate names with a comma.