[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

HEY ALL,

im gonna upload a new version of overlord 2 in a few days,

its a total redo of most aspects of the mods, since i got the chance to finally play it (on mp), and discover countless errors in balance and such.

those who will try it, will not be disappointed :).

Hi Keldath, I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the game and I still can't get past 15 to 20 turns without crashing. I have tried several different combinations of land mass and still the same result. Any ideas?

hourra, caramba, youpiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, ye ye ye !!!!!!!!
can't wait for the new version. Your mod is really cool but was too unbalanced!!!!

yeah your right, thats why its taking so long for the new version.

i changed almost every xml file in order to balance, i re designed the civics, all unit powers have been changed, the tech tree was redesigned (preqeq), bonuses powers and map distribution was fixed, and countless stuff i changed.

and that it all because i got to play the mod for the first time...

ok going back to making a 5th uu now.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

i have finished adding 4th and 5th unique units to all 38 nations in the mod!

each have 5 uu's now :)

now tell me thats not diversity...

note that pretty much all uus are just names i made up, some based on the unit model, thought its not historical and accurate- it gives a nice fun diverse play.

all i have to do now is replace some of the old uu models with new opnes (for looks),

test and release, gonna be in a week or so.

Sorry ...c..a...n.....t w...a....i.t:crazyeye: .... I NEED BETA NOW!!

..he he he
ok I will wait...... It has been far too long.....

I request O2 for Civ5!! ...even before game release!

:goodjob:

version 2.3 released !​

hi everyone, not sure how many of you have anticipated this new version, i know ive 1-5 fans so, that's enough for me to work out a new version every now and then :)

gotta tell you guys -this mod is 3 years old - hard to believe huh?

so the changes ive made for 2.3 is countless, i can truly say that i went through every single file in the mod and changed something.

i got to play 2.2 for the first time (on multi player btw), and i took notes as i went.

summry of the changes:

- added 4th and 5th unique unit to each civ.
- replaced some art unit models
- rebalanced the units a lot - i rechanged it many times in this version over and over.
- reset the bonus layout
- added some features
- rebuilt the tech tree (preqeq)
- removed some sdk mod comps that i didnt need.
- changed unique religion to work through sdk and not buildings
- added revdcm 2.71
- fixed crucial no carry irrigation bug
- changed building costs
- changed some stuff on the great people
- balanced speeds
- made the ai to be harder and more war fond of....be careful guys.
- archer unit types have ranged attack - not dale based.
- redid all of the civics - now much more effective

and a lot more that i didn't keep track of...

-be sure to see the overlord unique religion document (in game folder and attached to first main post) before you start a game , so you'll know which religion to pursue.

- and i recommend speed of 1500 turns - its very balanced.

hope you like this version, and plz id be very happy is you can supply me some feed backs on the game.

have fun, see you in overlord 2.4.

link:
http://uploading.com/files/cmdb9bee/overlord2.3-ready.exe/

Stuck at work on a Sunday...can't dl till I get home about 8...it's a late night for me I think. :D

Top Bottom