1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Of The OverLords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by keldath, Aug 7, 2007.

1. krushyn

krushyn Warlord

Is it compatible with CiV ??
    ... too early? ...Well... I have a problem with premature e.umm..things.....
    ;)

2. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Edjumacated Idjit

This is a whine, not a problem, but there is some horrible spelling used in the mod. For instance Components and Bureaucracy are misspelled.

3. tuxu

tuxu We are BTS!!!!

failspell is a prerequisite to the existence of a genius, same story happened with Einstein so Keldath is excused. ;)

BTW so is Nagmachon - missspelled Nam-gach-on in Ov2.3 instead of Nag-mach-on, it's a short way to say lower-hull-shielded-armoured-troop-carrier, it was produced in effort to counter terrorist's IEDs and mines and safly deliver troops via land routes to their objectives. It was devised after the border conflicts of 1982 as a part of a military-wide change after it was apperant that the war has shifted from country vs country scenerio to a country vs organisation reallity, the change in the concept of fighting made it clear that armoured vehicles like tanks are ineffective due to their massive firepower and collateral damage which in turn might endanger civilians that are being held in the line of fire. The IDF sought to solve this problem by using APCs on the battlefield but the existing M-113(Zelda) were proven too vulnerable to landmines and IEDs.
    Nagmachon class APC is being used mainly by the IDF engineering core.
    (נגמחו"ן - נגמ"ש ממוגן גחון in it's native language).

Pros: very secured, crafted to be effective against terror cells.
    Cons: Costy to build and maintain, was almost disbanded for that reason but was reinstated due to the fact that it had no replacement.

Maybe in the mod these units can recive 20% spy detection to resemble their reall life quality as an anti terror craft or maybe a Commando promotion(using enemy roads) for its anti mines shielding?

oh, btw, about your sig - i just don't understand who the hell is Cthulhu! ;)

BTW KELDATH Merkava tank doesn't work, i can only get T99 idk why.

Civ 5 is different in it's structure from Civ4\BtS. for an instance, you do not use units to garrison cities in the same way, you do not have religions(AFAIK) nor spies, on top of that, instead of limmiting the amount of units per square\hex afaik you can now only have a single lonely unit per square. I think I like the Overlord gameplay mod better then i might like Civ5.

So:
    No *apostolic palace holy war coallition* anymore.
    No terror attacks with your spies against your too powerfull enemies.
    No quick D-day style deployment of all of your units(1 unit per hex rule) on the neighboring continent just to show them whats the right way to honor gawd. :3
    You could probably, however, build the Carebears wonder so every one of your citizens will have someone to hug him.

this is a copy paste from http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62691
    - No religion. Lead Designer John Shafer thinks that religion in Civ led to a situation where civs where diplomatically divided by religion. He wants to have alliances having a bigger influence than religions.

All I have to Mr. Shafer say is, *WELL NO $H|T BUDDY!* come live in the middle east for a while and then we'll see your take over how a game of civilization oughtta be played, I hope that Civ5 won't be a bunch of hippies holding hands while chanting kumbaya...:mad:
    Spare me the BS about frontlines pls, that happened in civ1,2,3,tot,4,bts as well - yea, those games with names like Sidney K.Meier's, Brian Reynolds, Jeff Briggs and Soren Johnson behind them.
    Mr. Shafer, please stop castrating this game!

4. trlp1712

trlp1712 Chieftain

what overlord version is for BTS v3.17? the 2.2? 2.1?
    thanks

5. remski

remski Chieftain

hi!i enjoy this mod but i have a simple question :) because i dont have a symbol with religion on the scoreboard...its ok? ;)

6. tuxu

tuxu We are BTS!!!!

2.2 afaik, though I may be wrong. <link>

can you rephrase that?:confused: I may be able to help you but i find it hard to understand you friend. :)

@ Keldath

*RELIGION BUG*

When playing with limited religions(1 rel per player rule) I have descovered all the religion techs before my adversareis but got only 1, this is good.
    The problem is that there are no other religions other then mine and all the civ's are at the industrial age.
    I play with *revolutions* mod on and *start as minor civ* off and I suspect that maybe the minor civ's from *revolutions* (that start with avarage+ tech) are how being prevented even the chance of gaining new religion due to the fact that they are assigned with techs rather then truly discover them.
    None of the old nations had religions either, this game session really lived up to the words "thou shalt have no other god before me" lol. :crazyeye:

*PLOT BUG*

I had tried to play on a toroidal *fractal* map with almost no ice or tundra but alot of desert and normal-scarce plains and grasslands.
    The map was generated all wrong, the entire map was made out of tundra with some patches of grasslands where the main civs had spawned.

7. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

I've been playing almost full time (bare work and daddy time ;-) ) since saturday afternoon. In the current game I'm Brennus Monarch of India.

Some feedback:

1. when revolution is on, AI is really having a hard time. I ended turning it off.

2. we lack food and food and food. Cities are really having a hard time growing. Some time the building it need to grow require a minimum size but to get that the city need that building :-( (lighthouse for example). Some time the city needs to expand to get to those food rich squares and grow, but to have culture, it need a minimum size (circular problem). I ended playing smartmap with a lot food put on. But even that way, the AI is so stupid putting cities on top of strategic resource instead of building "viable" cities, and often end with cities at size 5 or 6 max by the renaissance !!!! I think you need to create more food enhancer buildings and/or improvments and/or civics. That is why agri is in my opinion among the best traits if not the best.

3. Production would be OK if it wasn't that there are so many additional and costly Wonders/national Wonders and buildings. In the current game, I'm in the Indus age, playing with 11 other civs but many World wonders never been built (actually less than half are built), some time in riduculous times. But maybe this problem is linked to the one above (small cities build less wonders). Units are also too expensives, but since I rather deal with 10 strong units than 100, I'm ok with that.

4. Stone is too "powerful" with all those additional early stone needing wonders, an early Stonehenge and Pyramids (to solve above problem ;-) ) is just a must if you have stone.

5. Units: pretty good balance over all except for:
    a. Archery range is maybe too strong (put it down to 20 instead of 40)
    b. Chariots are maybe too powerfull that early (5 strength is maybe better and or -20% city attack)
    c. City bombard for Treb is too much (one treb is enough to remove 40% def !!!)
    6. Weird things: AI do not &#8220;concentrate&#8221; on religion anymore: many never adopt religion ever, many religions are found wayyyyyyyyyy late and some are done so by barbarians !!!

Other that those remarks, the Mod is just WONDERFULL, Thanks Keldath

8. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hey everyone,

thank you so much for all the compliments, i will address each of you guys on the weekend.

also i will load up a patch with a fix for everything you have reported here.

thanks again guys.

remski,
    i think indeed 2.2, i have a copy if you want it, but its far "worse" then the current 2.19 version sine i did a complete rebuild of most stuff.
    i reccomend you advance to 3.19, if not i will be happy to upload for you 2.2.

9. tuxu

tuxu We are BTS!!!!

here is a resized screenshot of the buggy worldmap i get with fractal map generation, on which i have whined on the previous post.
    TOO MUCH TUNDRAzzz:eek:

Attached Files:

10. blue_inStinCt

blue_inStinCt Chieftain

Hi all there, this mod sounds like alot of fun, i was wondering though if there is a world map for it? (lately iam really adicted to this kind of stuff, have been playing on random maps for too long i think, and a mod like this just crys for an earth map to me)

cheers

11. tuxu

tuxu We are BTS!!!!

if you refer to something like "Rhy's and fall" or any other mods that aims for historical and geographical accuracy then there is none yet.

I would have made one if I know how to make the game engine to spawn a unit on a specific turn, sadly, I am not as smart as keldath. . . yet.;)

12. trlp1712

trlp1712 Chieftain

dude, sorry but i have an interface problem (cant see the text in the menu) . . do you have any idea why can this be happening?

13. trlp1712

trlp1712 Chieftain

14. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

Because you are running the Warlords expansion and not Beyond the Sword?

15. trlp1712

trlp1712 Chieftain

well, taht seemed weird to me also... i launch the BTS .exe and the game has the Warlords screen when it starts for some reason i dont know

16. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

You should change the language to english.
    Most mods here have only text in english and maybe the authors mother tongue, and then most mods will just display empty boxes when you load it in another language.

17. GoUtes53

GoUtes53 Warlord

That's not necessarily correct. He can just have the Warlords menu screen enabled for BTS. Go to options, then graphics to select/change.

18. keldath

hey guys,
    thanks again for all the feedback youve been giving me,

i enjoyed reading the posts,

i will make sure to work on the patch according to what you reported (hanibalbraca, tuxu and the rest og you).

im aware of the spelling issues...i know is a bad thing , if you see something like it - write it here and ill correct it. English spelling is my weakness...

p.s.

does any one know how to fix python errors? i found some python pop up errors that happen in the mod - i think they are damaging the religions, anyone can help?

thanks to a good friend, Ive found some xml errors, not game busters but still pretty important ones, once i get them all, ill upload a patch.

19. Shaiten

Shaiten Chieftain

I started a game and researched a religion tech and didnt found the religion what gives.It was'nt listed as being founded by anyone else either.Started another game built oracle used it for theology and didn't found that time either.Also how do you turn the revolution thing off.

20. keldath

Shaiten,

hi and welcome,

my mod has unique religions,
    each nation can found up to 2 religions.

there is a document - keldath religions - it says which nation can found which religion.

i will upload a patch that fixes inquisitions and some other reported stuff you guys suggested.