[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

/****************************************************************************************************************/
/* DoTo 106 (candidate_2) is Ready */
/****************************************************************************************************************/

changes:

1. advc 098 - latest+
  2. ranged attack game option - experimental - play if you wanna test it
  3. more bombard related game options
  4. new civic maintenance method
  5. new inactive (religious buildings for now) game option.
  6. numerous bug fixes

there are not much Civ IV players today,
those of us that still love this game and play mods and this Mod,
i have one simple request - give feedback on your game.
feedback is the power that gets me going and spending, all my spare time in adding to this mod.

i hope you enjoy.

i wish to give my profound thanks to f1rpo and AdvCiv, which supported me beyond anyone can ask.

yours,
Keldtah.

download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d7nk5cq6tspao86/Doto_106_candidate_1.zip/file
folder structure should be /beyond the swords/mods/Doto/assets .....and rest of it.

Hi Keldath. I downloaded and installed 106, and it opened fine. But after saving a game and trying to reload it, I got the error message: "Unable to decompress data file." I deleted the entire DoTo folder and reinstalled 106, but I get the same message. The previous version worked fine, and my other Civ4 mods are loading saved games without a problem. I have tried to run DoTo as administrator, but still the same problem. I really like your mod, it's one of my favorites. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Keldath, nice and very funny mod.
I still play it after more than 10 years. :)
In my first game with the last version (106 candidate 2), Civ suddenly stopped running and closed with error.
I attached the savegame exactly one turn before the error, if you click on the end-turn button you should get the error.
Bye.
Giorgio.

Attachments

• DoTo.CivBeyondSwordSave
    471.3 KB · Views: 34
hi,
thank you :) its been a long road in the past 10 years... lots of mod changes...

thank you, ill check the save, i hope i can fix it for a savegame compatibility.
i will update soon.

thank you!

edit -
ok i found the issue - you found a bug in my ranged attack (nice that you chose to play with it).
i will add a fixed dll soon , youll be able to continue the game.
i will also upload candidate_3 with some more tweaks in later today.

edit2 - added the new dll. tested with your save, turn passed properly :)

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi Keldath, thank you for the quick reply and fix.
I can confirm that the problem is fixed now.
Thank you.
Bye.

Keldath,
Too bad, but the latest version is still causing a crash to desktop on load. Once again, the version from several months ago still loads fine, as do all of my other Civ IV mods. It is only the latest two versions of Doto that cause a crash on load. Do you have any ideas what I might need to do to fix it. I really want to play the latest and the greatest. Thanks.

Conqueror Worm hi,

i release candidate 3 - did you try that one?
and if you are on candidate 2 - theres a fix in the post above.

also - attach a save.
i can pin point the error and fix it (usually).
sometimes it can be crashes in advc , but more rare.

also -
thought i can see it in the save,
you can write me the game options you used.

candidate versions are meant to be tried by players, and find the last bugs before my official release.
so any info of the above will assist.
plus youl be able to pick up the game from the crash point (80%).

edit -
sorry - you say it crashes on load?
have you deleted cache?

Last edited:
Doto from about 3 months ago, maybe it was based on AdvancedCiv .96, still works fine. Doto released after that, I think maybe it was based on AdvancedCiv .97, crashed inexplicably on load, as does Doto Release Candidate 3.

I don't know what file you want me to attach. There is no save. Doto Release Candidate 3 crashes as it starts to load.

try to delete the cache here:
C:\Users\[YOUR USER]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Profiles

i will upload you a dll file which is a debug - it can put out an error message , maybe that will help.
also - on the bar of the loading - what is the stahe it crashes? xml/python - other?

also - do you by anychance play without sound?

Yes, thank you Keldath! Deleting the cache where you said worked! Looking forward to playing and will get you a report soon!

@Conqueror Worm: Did you delete the profiles, the cache, or both? The mod disables the XML cache, but, apparently, the catalog*.dat files in the cache folder have a different purpose (something related to graphical assets?) and are handled entirely by the EXE. Would be interesting to know if those can lead to compatibility issues between mods, or if the deletion of the user profile (effectively a reset to the default options) could've been responsible instead.

i had this issues with advc basis , cache and other mods.
so, i found that deletion of the cache helps.
i had it between doto advc versions and between that and other mods, realism invictus for instance.
I'd be interested to take a look at the contents of a cache that prevents DotO from starting. If the mod fails to start again and you suspect that it's because of the cache, maybe you could move the files instead of deleting them (easy to forget of course).

I've taken a look at the catalog .dat files in an editor. Apparently, they're the file cache that the DisableFileCaching INI option refers to. Since the XML cache is disabled in the AdvCiv and DotO DLL (I also suspect that the EXE disables it for mods in any case), I think only one file in the cache could plausibly be responsible for the problem, namely the catalog file that lists all files in the Assets folder of the most recently loaded(?) mod.

Top Bottom