1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of War III

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by thecrazyscot, Jun 14, 2016.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Announcement Trailer:
    Spoiler :

Gameplay Trailer:
    Spoiler :

Screenshots: (very large!)
    Spoiler :

On Steam

2. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

It's about time!

It looks like they're trying to combine the feel of both the original and DoWII, with larger scale battles (but with elite squads you get invested in).

I hope they bring back The Last Stand mode, or something similar. I had a ton of fun with that.

3. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

I like the larger scale. DoW II felt too small to me. Not just the unit sizes, but the terrain, the weapon ranges, everything just felt cramped.

4. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Yum !
    I was a bit disappointed with DoW2 squad size (though the game was good overall), reading this "massive armies" just makes me excited !

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

DoW 2 was stupidly small, glad to see they're going back to a decent scale.

6. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

Looks promising but I have a few concerns. Number 1, only 3 factions is pretty disappointing, I just have to hope it sells well enough for expansions to add on to that. Number 2, the thing I hated most about Dawn of War 2 when I tried it back when it first came out was the lack of base building. Is that back in this game or not? The trailer really doesn't give any indication of that, and to me, an RTS game just isn't an RTS game with no base building. Much as I love Warhammer 40K, I'm afraid that's kind of a deal breaker for me if it's not in.

7. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I hope they bring in more factions as well, but as long as the campaign is long and engaging enough 3 should be plenty for me to start with as you're able to go through the campaign with each race.

No details about base building yet, but it makes sense to me that that would go along with large armies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I like what I'm seeing so far. There hasn't been a good large scale RTS since Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance so it is high time someone made one.

9. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Updated OP with new gameplay trailer...fully narrated E3 demo walkthrough.