[DDS] Various Button Pack 1

dj_anion

Chieftain
Hello 2 All!

I decided to share various buttons I adapted to Civ4 with others.
Maybe some of them will be usable... :)

NOTE:
Some of them (not all) were published earlier for Civ3 by others.
I decided to transform them into Civ4.

This ZIP archive contains about 40 various buttons in DDS format with correct alpha channel set.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• buttons.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 350
  • VariousButtonsPack1.jpg
    VariousButtonsPack1.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 1,118
I've noticed that too. I think you should really give credit to the ones doing the icons in the first place.

Even better, although I'm pretty sure all you had was good intentions and willingness to share something with the community, it would be wise to not post such "compilation packs" without the permission of the artists in the first place.

As a matter of fact, at another modding community for another game, there's a strict rule to not include any artwork done by others in the packed .zip files, but instead list the required items as "dependancies" with links to the place to obtain these files, associated to each dependancy.

As a matter of fact, at another modding community for another game, there's a strict rule to not include any artwork done by others in the packed .zip files, but instead list the required items as "dependancies" with links to the place to obtain these files, associated to each dependancy.

I think that's a little stringent. My personal rule of thumb is that anything that is posted as an individual file (units, mod components, etc) is up for grabs as long as you give credit. People don't post it unless they want it used, right? If it's part of a modpack, I would try and obtain permission 1st.

Just my 2 cents
j

I'm very sorry if I insulted someone...
I hadn't got bad intensions.
Most graphic I used was searched using www.google.com (graphics section).
Then, it was resized and filtered with Adobe Photoshop.
The rest was published on this forum for ALL of us to modify Civ3.
I wanted to transform it into Civ4, only.
Please, do not attack me. :(

One more thing:
If someone will recognize here his graphic and he want to remove it please PM me. Then, I'll do it at once.

Wyz_sub10:

Please, check this ones.

Attachments

• cn_tower.jpg
    cn_tower.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • confederation_bridge.jpg
    confederation_bridge.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,140
  • cntower_conbridge.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 117
dj_anion said:
Most graphic I used was searched using www.google.com (graphics section).
Then, it was resized and filtered with Adobe Photoshop.

Hi... Nice buttons

I am trying to do the same thing

the problem I am having is resizing

everytime I resize the quality goes down where it's hard to tell what pic am I using

(not like yours)

can you help me with this?

what is the original size of the pics before you resize?

and what is the exact size you use after you resize it?

any help is appreciated

Thx

Sizes of original pics are very various. Sometimes they are very similar to the output size. Output size is 64×64. It is necessary to use some extra filters for better quality.

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS with nVidia plugin for DDS output format. Nothing more.

dj_anion said:
Sizes of original pics are very various. Sometimes they are very similar to the output size. Output size is 64×64. It is necessary to use some extra filters for better quality.

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS with nVidia plugin for DDS output format. Nothing more.

Thanks for the quick reply...

by playing around I found out how to do it:

find a good pic that is relatively small

then either make it 128x128 or 256x256 (if you cant get a small pic to work with) - which ever size is closer to your original size

It appears CIV4 autosizes it once its in the game

the only problem I have is that it is a pain to test the pics since you have to load up the game to see if the pics turn out okay :crazyeye:

but I got it working ...thx!

Top Bottom