Deadline Submission Date for Civ 3 GOTM 6?

EMan

HOFer: Milk-Cow?
Supporter
Matrix, you always write it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere!!

With this Map/Difficulty Level, I need all the time I can get........or can we just send it when we get finished?........in about 2 months!! :)

I want to try my very FIRST "Milk Run"!!
:p

Hi EMan,

I can't answer your real question but I am doing my first milk run also. At about the half way point my turns were taking just over an hour each, so I can identify with your concern. However, the last 250 to 200 turns were getting shorter and shorter and my last 100 or so turns were only about 5 minutes each (only 30 more turns to go). I have learned lots from this experience and would not do a milk run in the same manner again.

Hope you get over the time hump soon, I'm pretty confident you will.

Cartouche Bee

That's VERY GOOD Feedback, Cartouche Bee.....Especially since I'm about half-way through the Game!!............Thanks.

I'd be interested to read your "Milk Run" Strategy Tips in the "Civ3 GOTM 6 Post-Mortem" (viz. Sometime(?) in Early May!!)

Doesn't so-called milking mean that you got the game under complete control? So just finish it when it's the 2nd of May.

EMan:

Well this is my first milking so I would suspect that SirPleb and Aeson are the ones with the most knowledge and experience about this. I have no problem sharing after the close of this contest though. Your post was so like a question that ran through my mind about a week ago, glad that info was on track for you.

Matrix:

I seem to recall that Aeson spent about 200 hours on the one milking for the HOF, that he lost. I think that the amount of effort that one can put in to a milking can be quite extensive but as you suggest if your under the gun you can whip through to the end pretty quick.

CB

Originally posted by Matrix
Doesn't so-called milking mean that you got the game under complete control? So just finish it when it's the 2nd of May.

What about mine? (Get my email of the game?) I was able to play a few more turns (got a few more Persian cities - hehe.. they enjoy declaring war on me and losing one "front" - row... er, column of cities). Got one during the UU Wars, WWI (1864-1880) and WWII (1908-1950+). Anyway, mine is now "sticking" for 30 minutes to even 2 hours in some cases! (I have 128 Megs of RAM)... But, the sound effects still work right.... At this rate, it won't be done until November!

Top Bottom