dealing with partisans, and other "city lost" units

New game okay gotcha.

The core problem though is that with these units i am at war, always, there is never stopping, if the enemy atleast attacked me with massive stacks of units, it would be wartime, and i could act accordingly.
Isn't that pretty much what we've been able to do against the AI for a long time here? Now that the AI are doing it back to us, we complain? You could always declare war on the opponent sending them in. If that would somehow make it easier...

What difficulty setting are you on?

Isn't that pretty much what we've been able to do against the AI for a long time here? Now that the AI are doing it back to us, we complain? You could always declare war on the opponent sending them in. If that would somehow make it easier...

What difficulty setting are you on?
Is that with criminal units that have prerequisite buildings, and certain penalties or is it a 36 strength unit that you get when your regular infantry is 20 strength without any prerequisites? that cost 30% more?

We've had access to the same as what they're using against you is what I'm saying. Only now that the AI has improved and they are using it, it's a problem.

@flabbert,

Itzacotl, Mao, and another AI neighbor are flooding you with HN units. And yet you thru dipomacy have given Mao Ammunition and Iron wares and Open Borders. Cut him off.

Your cities lack up to date LE buildings or even any at all, even though for the most part you don't have rampant crime. In fact many of your cities lack the 1st building for some important building chains.

Your capital is under attack for several reasons, one of which is you have 4 GPs sitting in it. Itzacotl likes that! Juicy target.

So yup you have your hands full till you get a handle on it. Seems though that most of it is from your own making. On Prince Difficulty level you should be able to pull this out of the fire.

here is the latest autosave, note, i can, barely deal with it, the cost changes have definitely helped in building up the army, but i feel there are far more ruffians than in earlier games.

I am also curious whether border change on combat victory works for players. It works for AI, because i clearly see borders shift against me, but never when i win fights, i also never get *% influence changed message when winning the fight.
I'm not finding the primary reason that there are so many of these units in the game yet, but I did find out why a number of them have been converted to city defenders. *shudder* That's a bad move for them. Continuing to evaluate... there are a lot of interesting AI bug insights in this game.

EDIT: Actually, I've found a number of reasons for the spamming of these ruffians, primarily that a previous fix attempt wasn't 100% successful. For some reason they were getting around the prohibition of using crime causing units for the see invisible role. That and they were upgrading infiltration AI's to ruffians. Numerous problems. I'm working on fixes here and I keep finding it goes deeper than I thought. Probably tomorrow I'll be ready with a new dll to address a host of problems your save illuminates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom