1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deals Ending Early?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ConShonnery, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ConShonnery

ConShonnery Chieftain

It's turn 313. I sell Hiawatha his city back for all of his GPT and all of his luxury resources. I check the UI, it all says the duration of the deal is 50 turns.

Turn 314, I get the notification that the trade deal with Hiawatha has ended. I check, I no longer have any of his luxuries or his GPT.

He hasn't declared war on me. There is no vassalage situation because I have vassalage disabled. Neither of us are sanctioned by the WC, and there is not a WC vote for another 8 turns (and sanctioning either of us is not something on the table).

...what am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

2. Questdog

Questdog Prince

Does he still have your city? I am thinking that maybe you did not actually make the trade....

3. TwoPodRay

TwoPodRay Warlord

It could be possible that he lost access to one of the luxuries you asked for, canceling the deal.

4. Questdog

Questdog Prince

That would cancel the whole deal and let him keep the City? That seems harsh, if so...

Bromar1 likes this.
  5. matlajs

matlajs King

It is unfortunately true.

6. ConShonnery

ConShonnery Chieftain

Yeah, he definitely still has the city. I just reloaded pre-trade and tried again, same thing happened.

That must be it, seems really unfair though... is that mechanic to prevent some kind of player cheesing?

7. TwoPodRay

TwoPodRay Warlord

Most likely, as otherwise, you could trade a lux for GPT, then if at war with someone, let them pillage the tile, then push them back and improve the lux again, then trade it to them again, or someone else, to make the single lux provide multiple trades. Losing a lux cancels the deal, which is fine if trading GPT, but can still be cheesed if trading lump sum gold or cities. Not sure if it works for votes too?