1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deals not upheld

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by jc011, Nov 6, 2001.

1. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

my brother was playing his first game as the romans. he didn't want a worthless city so he sold it to the Aztecs for Iron, 3 techs, worldmap, 42 gold per turn and 220 lump sum. Soon after, the Aztecs had an alliance with the English and made a military alliance. After this, the no longer gave the gold per turn, and he lost his supply of iron. Thats not really fair....if this happens, we should be able to do the same and rip off the AI really bad.... anyone seen this?

2. bulletsponge

bulletsponge Warlord

Maybe the Aztec went financially broke and couldnt pay, and maybe their source of iron ran dry or they lost it all together...

3. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

so just because you don't have enough mula, it means you can bail out of the deal!?? hmmm... i'd like to use this to my advantage. :D

4. bulletsponge

bulletsponge Warlord

Well, I dont know for certain, I just gave some possibilities...I do know if your trading a resource, luxury or strategic, and they are plundered, or they dry up, you cant fulfill the trade agreement...I had that happen to me once, and the persians got pissed at me for breaking the deal...lol...