1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Firaxis: Hall of Fame, pretty please

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Disgustipated, May 19, 2017.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Perhaps the single most important factor preventing me from finishing more games. I still enjoy this game, it's just I finish less and less games these days.

It baffles me they got rid of this feature, and so far I see no indication it is ever coming back.

2. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom Chieftain

Mark it down with a restart button. Some of the most basic common requests for the game- every year, every edition. I'm sure they will get around to it at some point in time after we purchase a few more add-on packs of leaders, maps and more basic stuff that should have been provided at the outset. Civ is becoming the "Madden" franchise.

3. jbavon

jbavon Chieftain

It took them ages to get the map replay feature implemented in Civ5. This time its the hall of fame. I need both, actually.

4. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

Yes,and I can not see why this should be so complicated?

5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yes, I am baffled as well. Steam has to know when we win games and under what conditions to record achievements; how difficult can it be to add a list of completed games in the game itself?

Unless they're trying to implement a system that can verify that we played the whole game and didn't just load someone else's save?

6. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

It is very odd that this hasn't made it in. In general, you'd think one of the first things they would do is try to make the finish of each game rewarding. I remember the detailed charts, the victory movie, and the moving leaderhead next to a score chart of Civ IV. Civ VI has a long way to go in that regard.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Marc Zody

Marc Zody Chieftain

I have owned this game since it was released and I keep saying I'll start playing as soon as an update comes out with the "Hall of Fame". To date, you can count on one hand how many times I've played the game all the way through. For some, this is a very important oversight. I would pay for a hall of fame add-on. Now that the fall update is over, I'll have to wait a few more months. I'm at the point where I might just go back to Civ 5. Makes me sad but the HOF was crucial to the experience.

8. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

We do need the Hall of Fame back, but first they need to figure out how to reasonably score the game. To date I've had scores ranging from Mary Tudor to Augustus with no clear rhyme or reason why a particular game was scored a certain way.

Temppu and Siptah like this.
  9. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

It may be far from reasonable, but the formula for the score calculation is here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/formula-thread.600534/page-2#post-14644655. Basically build/conquer lots of cities and get a higher score.

10. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Given I still have a strong preference for playing tall, generally with around four cities, that would explain why I tend to score so low...That would also explain why I got an Augustus rating for the one France game where I basically settled half the world because I was on an Inland Sea map and there was no one north of the sea and I started in the northwest corner. :p

Uberfrog likes this.
  11. Marc Zody

Marc Zody Chieftain

I'm not sure they realize what a big issue it is for some players. Without a Hall of Fame or log or summary, or journal of past events, there is no good way to keep a history of what you've done. This isn't a game like X-Com or Skyrim where you play it through once and you're finished.

12. Temppu

Temppu Chieftain

I'm not really that interested in HOF for personal use, but would instead want a HOF implementation that compares my results with other players through the internet. For such a feature, it is clear that the scoring system requires a reasonable insight of how the game is played. Hence this system might even need for all the expansion to have been out for a while. I would be more than happy to wait for this feature, if it ever will be implemented.

Staal likes this.
  13. Marc Zody

Marc Zody Chieftain

Well....I'm curious as to whether the timeline is going to be our new hall of fame. I've heard a few vague descriptions of what the timeline feature will offer but each of those descriptions deals only with in-game features. The big question is whether this timeline can be saved post-game to offer what the Hall of Fame used to give us. Anyone hear anything concrete?