Dear Loco: Look on the Bright Side!

:D I think I can allow that.

At the rate we're going, we've still got weeks till LOCO is dead anyway.

Truly Impressive Peter! :hatsoff:

Your post about the overlays got me thinking...

Would be possible to get a series of images showing that (approximatly) "Congatrulations, you've captured the city of __________, and liberated X gold. Burn this city?" Message? I think it might be nice to do a little montage of those :D

EDIT: P.S. That picture is truly GREAT!

That could be tougher....Because the battle will have be exectued the exact same way I did. Hoepfully my turn log is good enough. In the event it isn't please let me know :)

True but would that be a violation of the rules? or in the past it is ok to do that? I don't know?

Right - I'm confident there is no rules issue here, as these are historical files - Peter just needs to make sure he wins! :)

@ Memphus - maybe you could save Peter some trouble by grabbing screenshots of the capture when we take their last cities?

:hmm: I've been moving units around quite a bit to get these shots, but I haven't moved units into any territory we hadn't already seen that same turn. In other words, if Memphus didn't move a galleon in our north, which was surrounded by black, I wouldn't move it either. But if there was a galleon near Loco, in an area that had other galleons and frigates, I would move the galleon in order to get a shot, confident that there could not have been an unseen ship in the area. Get it?

As far as the city shots go, there shouldn't be any rules violation: we can see all the tiles around the city once Memphus captures it, so even if I don't move the units in the precise same order, I'm not revealing any new information about Loco.

That's really what the rule comes down to: gleaning information outside of playing the save. I'm not doing that, so there's no rules violation.

One thing that actually would be a big help, is editing some of the signs we've got posted around. I have to erase them all before shooting. We have 4:
Kia Oro
Worker Captured
Fishing Village
Rally Point

I understand that we may want to keep some of them, but if we don't need them, let's erase them!

And as for winning the exact same way, I'm not even sure we need to worry about seizing the city with the exact same unit as the turnplayer did. After all, this is just propaganda, not a well-documented Historical Tome :D

Any progress on the editing, General_W? Think you could let us have a look at the work in progress?

It's really empty here these days :(

I agree - it's very sad and lonely in these parts.

But I can't help much - I haven't done any work on this in the last few weeks. When the game gets moving again, hopefully that will inspire me to keep moving. I work best with deadlines :D

:lol:

That might work if I had more hope that this game is actually going to start moving again before Christmas!

:bump:

Hey General_W - Have you had any more time to devote to this? I'm sure you've got plenty of spare time between your duties as Foreign Minister for The Leader, Foreign Relations Adviser to The Council, Supervisor at Day Job*, Father to Evangeline, and Husband.... did I leave anything out? :D

Knowing you, you probably also donate like 80 hours a week to working with needy people in 5 different states and 2 Canadian provinces ;)

But seriously, I think this propaganda historical newsreel will really go over well in the UN, and help to bring some people back from low interest malaise. If there's anything I can do to help you out with this, please let me know!

On another note, I also think we should extend a warm invitation to Loco's remaining population to Join The Leader.

* Am I remembering correctly that you work for a mattress company? There was a really interesting article in the New York Times Magazine 11/18/07 all about the new business model that the mattress industry is adopting.

:lol: No - that was pretty much it Peter. You missed ~10-15hours/week volunteer work at my church and mentoring teenagers. But I had to give up my tutoring at the Women & Children's shelter when I got married.
And my wife says I have an over-commitment problem! ha! ;)

I hope to pick up work on this starting Monday. Last 2 weeks have been pretty hectic at work, but it should slow down a bit from now till January.

Now that I can get in and get screenshots, it’ll be helpful. The main thing I’m missing – and I don’t know if it’s too late to go back and get them now that we’re all patched (?) – but I’d love to have some overhead shots of Loco Land with the culture filter turned on – showing the collapse of Loco’s Culture as our armies advanced across their land. Does that make sense? I explain more if needed.

Anyway – I’ll try to tinker with getting some shots like that later to post as an example… but I doubt we’ll be able to get the shots from earlier, unless someone kept their dual install for some reason?

Edit: Mattress company? No – that’s not me! I work as a marketing coordinator / misc projects for the guy with the MBA thingy. :)

I've now got more installs than you can shake a stick at - simply because I'm afraid to get rid of some :lol:

I've got 1.61
1.74 pre BtS
1.74 post BtS
Warlords 2.whatever it is these days
BtS current
:crazyeye:

I'll see if I can get some of those Culture shots - It might be cool to get some with the Globe revolving - like each revolution of the globe, Loco loses another city. Maybe that's unrealistic, though. :dunno:

Ok – I'm resuming serious work on this video. :D

Of course, with 2 turns left to play, I've probably still got a month :lol:

Here's the new Team Loco picture (updated to include Chamnix)

And here's an example of the territory shot I would LOVE to have a sequence of – showing the collapse of Loco's culture.
Sadly, I can't go back and get earlier shots, due to version problems.

Is it possible for someone to get me one of these for each of Loco's cities that we captured? That'd be totally awesome.

If someone could even just take the shots of Loco's land from about this position – then I can crop and adjust them myself.

Or maybe we could take them from the military advisor screen? But the difference in our team colors isn't that great at this level, so the effect is less dramatic. :dunno:

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Top Bottom