Death of Civ V = No Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webrider

Prince
I bought Civ V the day it came out. Still no mods, game over. Civ IV, just dl a new mod and you have a new game. Thanks to all you modders out there, grats and thanks for your hard work.

There are a ton of mods for civ V

Again, mods are not scenarios. I wouldn't touch a gameplay mod with a 10-foot pole but I would try a scenario if they are the same quality as the ones Firaxis has been releasing.

I bought Civ V the day it came out. Still no mods, game over. Civ IV, just dl a new mod and you have a new game. Thanks to all you modders out there, grats and thanks for your hard work.

As a slightly more casual game that has had not much time to develop, modders aren't going to it right now. I never use mods anyway.

Check the mod library on Steam. There are, like, a zillion of them.

Actually the mod browser is hosted by gamespy, and yes there are many many mods already available for the game. The only mods we don't yet have are DLL mods, because Firaxis haven't given us the C++ source code yet.

Not to mention that Civ IV has been building its impressive repertoire of mods for what, 6 years now? While Civ V has only had about 6 months...

The best mod in my opinion is the Real Earth Maps mod. It includes not just the Tiny/Small/Standard/Large/Huge maps with ACTUALLY REALISTIC spawns (hint hint Fireaxis), but also a small variety of other maps as well: Skirmish for balanced small battles, Ring (although I find the distances on that map inconquerable), Four Corners for round-robin, Great Plains, Ice Age, Highlands, Inland Ocean, Tiny Islands, Inland Lakes...

And all of them are computer generated (ae not "stock"). I love that mod =)

I think I just saw the most epic fail of the year... Why, Webrider, why?
You haven't looked at the mod library at all, have you... Or are you playing on a Mac?

Moderator Action: "Epic fail" when directed at another user is inappropriate.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: Thread closed. Misconception in the first post has been clarified and thus the thread really has no point of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom