Debt

Orange Seeds

playing with cymbals
I'm curious to see if this works.

For those of you looking for a pragmatic economical or social analysis of Debt exit this thread.

I have two sources, one primary, the other a critique of a long and, to me, interesting analysis of Debt by Canadian poet, novelist and critic Margaret Atwood. I listened to this on CBC Ideas a few months ago and was left with a bit of confusion. Then, this week, a journal that i read featured it in an essay, so I'm curious what the interested minds of CFC have to say after listening. Let me be clear, I don't have any questions or statements about it, i am just interested in sparking a discussion to see where it goes.

The article:NY Review of Books
Payback streams:Massey Lectures

If nothing else, i hope that you will enjoy the exposure.

Hate to break it to you, but if Ricardian Equivalence holds, its an exceptionally weak hold, which at least, destroys the conclusion from the NY Review.

I ain't particularly happy about RE not holding, but the facts is facts man.

Thanks for posting this! Margaret Atwood is awesome.

The last book of her's that I read was Oryx and Crake, a sci-fi novel set in the near future.. and it was one of the best books I've ever read.

I didn't know she had a new book out (when did this come out? October, 2008?). I doubt I'll actually pick it up anytime soon, but at least I have it on my radar now.

Hate to break it to you, but if Ricardian Equivalence holds, its an exceptionally weak hold, which at least, destroys the conclusion from the NY Review.

Does the conclusion from the NY Review mirror conclusions reached in the book, or is that simply an extrapolation reached by the review author?

Top Bottom