December 2020 Developer Livestream Discussion

My only wishes are that they make this feature reversible, and applicable to any of your items, not only the ones that have been requested in a trade deal.

The trade UI changes really just remind me how glad I am that I rarely play against the AI. It's good to have options here, I guess, but individually marking each item you don't want to trade to each AI (with a confirmation popup each time) seems like a huge amount of busywork to reduce the number of unwanted popups. Perhaps they should add an option for single player diplomatic offers to work like multiplayer ones, appearing on your turn as notifications that you can choose to open or ignore.

The fact that you need to mark down an item as "unavailable for trade" for each AI specifically completely defeats the purpose of this new feature.
In fact, the way they implemented it, I think it is now more time consuming and click intensive.
When a trade proposal from the AI shows up I just hit ESC ESC and be done with it.

For example, this doesn't solve the problem of having 7 AIs asking you for your iron once you plop down an iron mine. (A slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.)
Now, repeat this cycle for every new strategic resource unlocked. (Unless you are too far ahead and they have not discovered it yet.)

If you don't want to trade iron to AI1, why would you want to trade iron to AI2? If you don't want to trade iron, normally it's because you are saving up the iron to build a unit.
If you are going for a culture victory, you normally don't want to trade your great works to anybody period.
etc.

No, to solve the "issue". You need to create a separate menu with all your items available for trade where you can choose to make them available for trade or not (for everyone).
They could polish it further by making exclusion for individual civilizations etc. if they really want to.
Example: I don't want to trade horses to my unfriendly neighbor Tomyris.

The way things are now implemented, you can still get annoyed by every AI once for each item available. (Ex 7 strategic resources * 7 AI = 49 unwanted proposals!)
The way I propose to implement it, you would never get any annoying trade proposal!

Another advantage of my proposal is that you can change your mind / your choice later on:
No, I don't want to trade iron in the classical/medieval era, but once I discover niter maybe I don't care about trading iron anymore, etc.
You could even implement specific trading rules for AIs if they want to!

...till thrall-stead or freond-cyning to geld-wains kom...
Fantastic :goodjob:
Also, creators of Google and Wikipedia be praised! Thanks to them and the above line, I've just become a bit more fluent in Old English and maybe Norse :D

I dreamed last night that in this livestream they casually mentioned that not one but two more season passes were in the works, Ed in charge of the one that would start to role out in May 2021, and Anton in charge of the next one.

I currently think that even one more season pass is unlikely, but my subconscious seems to have other ideas.

I dreamed last night that in this livestream they casually mentioned that not one but two more season passes were in the works, Ed in charge of the one that would start to role out in May 2021, and Anton in charge of the next one.

I currently think that even one more season pass is unlikely, but my subconscious seems to have other ideas.

I wouldn't expect new Pass, if one is planned, as soon as one update break from end of previous one, I'd give it two or more.

Top Bottom