1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

December Balance Beta - December 3rd (12/3)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Nothing - I hate to say this but, if you're still having swings it is because you just aren't managing growth or infrastructure very well. :/

The build screen thing is not actually accurate, it's just EUI 'debug' text - the mechanic works differently than indicated there. @Infixo might look at it if he wants (its his code), but it is WAD.

G

2. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

I'm going to play teh gam and tell you if unhappiness is ♂ Deep ♂ Dark ♂ Fantasies ♂ or truth because I'm the only reliable boy man guy fellow person of repute around and no one should be trusted but me

So we've been playing a Doom mod the entire time?!

vyyt likes this.
  3. Gazebo

??

Working. As. Designed?

G

4. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

No, this mod is clearly a doom wad working on gzdoom

vyyt likes this.
  5. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

It's wuan of his djokes.

6. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

Guys, just post it on GitHub when you are able to and I will look into this during the weekend.

7. Cruelsader

Cruelsader Chieftain

OK, thank you for the info. I guess that I noticed the wrong tooltip only because I was looking for reasons for the change in hammer cost.

I will post the game files to Github when able. Thank you!

vyyt likes this.
  8. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

Am I the only one having his Workers stop building a road on the very last tile when ordered? Like road from city X to city Y, they'll make it without problems except for the closest tile surrounding the city. They'll ask me what to do then, and if I don't notice the road is not built - I'm in a bad spot because the city connection isn't started.

Grabbl and glider1 like this.
  9. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

pretty sure that was always the case

glider1 likes this.
  10. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Yeah, I noticed that too. Was it really already that before?

11. Gazebo

Just tested, can't confirm this. Possible that there are ghosts in the mists (i.e. barbs)? The builder AI can get spooked easily.

12. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

Cannot confirm big happiness problems so far, it seems fine to me. I just reached renaissance though.

It doesn't happen all the time, but often even if I tell it to go to some tile (like let's say, tile with Salt), it might stop a tile before and ask me to take an action. No barbies, they're all dead and there's no real place for camps on this continent, Authority'd tell me.

13. pza

pza Chieftain

That's what G said

i've been waiting for this for a long time

Bromar1 and Gazebo like this.
  14. Gazebo

If it happens again, and you're not using a large amount of extra mods, post a save from beforehand on github.

G

15. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Okay, I've tried Carthage and yeah, those boats are crazy. Literally one-shotting 5 strength cities. 32+ CS against cities right out the gate.

16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Going to echo that emissaries cost too many hammers right now. 250 vs 280 for the hanging gardens (and that's with a 40% cost increase for other wonders).

Even playing Siam its not worth it.

black213 and phantomaxl1207 like this.
  17. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 Chieftain

The higher cost of Diplomats does make the % bonus to them from Chanceries seem a bit low (10%).

18. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

In my opinion the increased production from diplo building is relative useless. I buy my diplomats in most cases cause theres no downside like buying military units.
    Iam in favor of a decrease of production and purchase cost for diplo units by their buildings, instead of a production modifer. The actual modifier diminishes greatly from industrial age on, cause train station, seaport and coal refinery have all much more modifiers to production than the diplo buildings. If you already have +50% or +100%, 10% more is irrelevant.
    This change may offer a possibility, cause I always thought, the statecraft policy or austrian UA which give +1 influence per turn is kinda laughable in comparison to a diplomat which offers 100 influence in one usage. Especially cause the AI is able to spam diplo units like M&Ms thanks to their cost reductions. I would like to see a better balance in diplo unit cost, yield gain from CS and the policies.

Dimmy likes this.
  19. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

I think trade routes aren't irredeemable at this price even if they definitely feel like they should have their old yields at this point, but diplo units are just unreasonable. In both cases I suggest having the scaling cost not increase at classical. Nearly no UA/building scales with classical, so neither should TRs/diplo stuff. If they only started at medieval at this same rate, it'd be bearable.

Statecraft will be hit hard by this change. Not only is it's trade route stuff made much worse, the emissary line is close to worthlessness. I would consider it with a custom civ that has a diplomatic unit unaffected by the change (like Canada), thought, but even then I'm sceptical.

Bromar1, ElliotS, Kim Dong Un and 2 others like this.
  20. 4CV

4CV Chieftain

Happiness (again...) There were no swings, but a science drain that I could not stop until it magically disappeared. I'd like to show you some screenshots.
    Latest hotfix version, "Warlord", quick, on a tiny map.

t4: Global Modifiers for culture and science are equal, and much higher then for gold and base.
    Spoiler :
    T04.png

t9: Same thing, but now there is a science deficit already.
    Spoiler :
    T09.png

t18: Modifiers are about the same. Culture production is 6, still above needs. Science deficit raises.
    Spoiler :
    T18.png

t51: Almost everbody is unhappy, and no more buildings are available atm. Science has the greatest production (11), but the greatest deficit as well (11).
    Spoiler :
    T51.png

Magic Turn 62: Happiness is back again... and I don't know why.
    Spoiler :
    T62.png

t78: Happiness > 10 and no more problems.
    Spoiler :
    T78.png

What happened?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    vyyt likes this.