Decent starts saves

onedreamer

Dragon
It's often hard to obtain decent starts with ancient civs, so I thought we could share some of those we thought to be our best.

Attachments

• India Start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    83 KB · Views: 66
  • Carthage Start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    137.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Persia Start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    95.4 KB · Views: 87

MrPopov

King
what map size? and any custom game settings?

Going to try out the Carthage start anyhow. It is Huge world size, monarch difficulty if anyone else was wondering :D

thadian

Kami of Awakened Dreamers
i will start the india, and pray for the same - if not i will export the save as a scenario through worldbuilder and enter it as a custom for no tech brokering

onedreamer

Dragon
I don't remember to be honest, they are either large or huge. I won the Carthaginian UHV and India seems doable but I haven't finished it.
The Persian UHV isn't doable on any start IMO, but at least that start seems very good ^^

thadian

Kami of Awakened Dreamers
im going to upload some decent saves as well, with these terms:

They will be autosaves, about 10 turns before the civ actually spawns - this will be so you know there was no worldbuilder, and so you can get some level of randomness.

I will use a few select civ's i have heard complaints/had complaints about.

China
Babylon
Inca
Maya
Aztec
America
Egypt
Ethiopia

I will generate several maps and see what i can do! My goal is to find maps that are both playable and challenging for the Monarch level, with NO Tech Brokering selected. As a reminder, if you hate this option and want to change things, you may open worldbuilder and use the save feature from within it to "export save as a scenario" and use a "custom scenario" to play the save, which will allow you - in theory, to choose a civ (that is somewhat developed) and change my crappy settings if you hate them.

onedreamer

Dragon
Attached the Persian save with which I won the UHV.

Attachments

• Persia UHV Start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    106.9 KB · Views: 75
Top Bottom