Declared war on friendly

Leylly

Chieftain
Hi all, my first post.
How is it possible that a friendly AI declares war on me? +11 modifier, says friendly...
The AI fcking bullcrap annoys me to no end. As I move up the difficulty ladder, game after game I am thinking of giving up playing this AI stupidity...

It's possible an AI has plotted on you before reaching Friendly status...using the BUG/BULL mod or BAT really helps in seeing what is going on.

Also, note that Catherine is the only AI that can be bribed on someone at Friendly status No AI can plot at Friendly though. However, as you likely encountered, they may have started plotting on you prior to reaching friendly.

Civ IV can be a challenging game, especially as you move up dificulty, but is extremely rewarding. If you want to learn more about the game, spend time here..and note the strategy article subforum:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-strategy-tips.155/

Oh..just thought of one other thing. It's works differently if you have vassals. AI view you as a composite of their attitude toward you and your vassal(s). They may love you, but not care much for them.

Each leader in the game has clear code behind their personality. A great article in the S&T sub-forum spells it out for you.

Thank you for the answer. I am not sure when I reached the friendly status. It was around 1500AD, no vassals anywhere yet, but it is true that Gilgamesh can plot war at pleased. However, the AI should stop plotting immediately if they reach friendly. Like this, it makes no sense...

Yeah, that used to bother me a lot also so I went ahead and got the bat mod. It's easier to see when they start plotting. You can tell what your relationship is at that point so you can more easily determine who their likely target is. Is doesn't change anything but advance warning is usually all you need.

Top Bottom