1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Decolonization! Sub-Saharan Africa 1965

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Flak509, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

Ive just finished this game, ive run tests but not that many so there may still be a few flaws here and there but that aside.

The game starts 1965 with the independance of the african nations, the africans where left in economic and ethnic mess. All the nations are hard to run with the curruption and low tax income.

Nations: South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Rhodesia, Mocambique, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Madagascar, Tanzania, Zaire, Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda, Congo, Gabon, Cameroon, Central Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Southern Sudan

There are 3 main infantry units: Riflemen, Infantry and Mot. Infantry that defines the 3 eras.

Soviet supplied equipment can be made aswell but has a high cost to simulate the equipment being brought and shipped.

Each Nation has a wonder and improvements has to be discovered thru tech-tree as normal

Have fun

ps. do not dl this file you will find v2 further down thanks

Attached Files:

2. The Loser

The Loser King

Some screanshots please?

3. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

The mnap is funy with the sahara mountains.... Perhaps it would be better to change the terrain image to the dessert one and call it sahara or whatever...
    You could also just cut of wore of the northern part of the map...

4. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Sounds good. I'll have to give it a whirl later!

I'm currently making a scenario set in Africa during pretty much the same time period (through the Cold War)

5. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

I can se your point with the mountains, but its to prevent the AI from roaming round the desert, they dont tend to do it as much in mountains

ill get some pics now

6. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

south african riflemen

Attached Files:

7. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

Botswana-Namibia

Attached Files:

8. Light-Giver

Light-Giver Warlord

is that all tundra up there? looks kinda odd you should just cut that peace off like Samez said

9. lucashp

lucashp Warlord

Oddly Enough, i like it with tundra. I havent played the game yet, But can you create settlers? Maybe you should disable that, Or just disable building on tundra.

10. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

no you cant build settlers haha ive seen that before with vacant areas in scearioes before if you missed a spot the AI will find it

Ill keep the tarrain there i dont want cameroon and ethiopia fight naval conflicts of the cental african coast, that is more odd to me

11. lucashp

lucashp Warlord

It wont let me play, It just freezes near 66% :sad:

12. eric_A

eric_A Deity

I gave it a try and got the error below. In your scenario properties you reference a "TGW"
    folder which I think stands for The Great War. You should tell people that they must have the
    TGW scenario installed on their system or your scenario will not run.

Attached Files:

13. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

I have TGW installed, so that one passed me over. But I did notice the intro text was also from TGW. Not what one would expect when playing an Africa scenario. I also think the civs are overpowered when the scen starts. I'm playing SA, and I think I'll be able to win by conquest before I get halfway through the tech tree.

14. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

yes your right i forgot that, i did write my own intro for the scenario so i dont understand if it shows the TGW intro, ima have to find out about that

As for the overpowered, most countries cept SA have a hard time affording their military and remember SA was at the time on the brink of attacking German South West africa(namibia)

I would say that South Africa, Angola, Rhodesia, Somalia and Ethiopia are the strongest nations

but ill still rewiev their starting strengh

15. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

You're right about SA being the most powerful, and they definitely didn't
    have the economic problems of the other countries, so maybe it's not as out of whack as I thought. Perhaps SA should be an AI-only civ?

16. RR1213

RR1213 Chieftain

I downloaded TGW, but I still get the same error message as this guy when I try to load the Africa scenario. It looks great, but I can't get it to work because of this error message. Any solution?

17. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

As you commentet on them being alot stronger i did consider it, ive been meaning to finish my updates but the i cought ill so ive been unable to, but im gonna be doing it

18. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

i dont know, i cud try to give you my TGW folder when i update

19. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

New update, the start text has been altered, South Africa is slightly weaker and a few smaller flaws i found has been corrected.

South African is recomended to be AI player, if you want an easy game play them but it really is most fun to play a medium size nation.

Strongest: South Africa: unchallenging

Medium: Rhodesia, Angola, Tanzania, Kenya, Somalia, Ehtiopia, Mocambique: a fair challenge

Weak: Cameroon, Central Africa, Uganda, Zaire, Congo, Southern Sudan, Zambia, Madagascar: Hard Challenge

Poor: Namibia, Botswana, Malawi, Rwanda, Burundi, Gabon: Near Impossible

Botswana didnt acuturly have an army untill Rhodesia invaded, then they raised an army and repelled the invation with a militia army, for the purpose of this game ive given them a militia unit to illustrate that they must have had some kind of protection against insurections and bandits and to keep law and order of somekind.

Attached Files:

20. RR1213

RR1213 Chieftain

I'm stoked to play this game, but I still can't get it to load right. Even with the new version I am getting an error message...something about missing animie proto Kaiser or something like that....