Decreasing amount of items on map: Farm District, Mine District, Mobile Mining District.

vit_sin

Chieftain
Instead of adding unlimited Farms and Mines,
why not to create one single Farm District per city instead of dozens of current Farms (by simply dropping Farms completely)?
And to limit Mines ONLY on currently allowed Resources?

The map will definitely will be "ligther" to process and manipulate and more place will be opened for other Districts.

If yes, than to develop more in depth ...

Farm District (one per city, same rules as for any other District):
- allowed to be build on Hills immediately, as well as in the Ocean or Lakes.
- on water can be moved out of borders of city in any non occupied place in water! Kinda like Mobile Ocean Farm.
- new buildings could be added, like modern Greenhouse, etc.

Mine District (one per city, same rules as for any other District):
- Mine (not Industrial District), but actual Mine District.
- The main purpose of Mine District is to increase the amount of Strategic Resources (except Horses)
per added new mine buildings, processing plants and equipment.

And now, really freaking feature: Mobile Mining District.
- can be placed on any Resource that is not occupied by any city, at all.
- can be placed on any Resource of Allies, if ally allows it in trade agreement.
- can mine any Strategic Resource + some Bonus Resources like copper, stones + some Luxury Resources like gypsum, silver, marble.
- etc, etc, etc.

I only came here to mention that when talking about countable items, you should say "number of", not "amount of".

You can say "number of items" or "amount of water" because water is [essentially] infinitely divisible but items are discrete. This rule applies to much and many, as in "I have so many items!" and "I have so much water". It would be incorrect to say either "I have so much items" or "I have so many water". Unless you were talking about water bottles, in which case you COULD say "I have so many water bottles".

Anyway yeah, that's all I wanted to say.

I actually like part of this idea. If only because it fits into a more logical energy usage system. I'm not sure how you'd consolidate multiple tiles of resources, but I'm sure there are ways.

Farmlands (food/energy production):
  • Pasture
  • Field/Plantation
  • Biorefinery

Mining Rig (resource/energy production):
  • Quarry/Mine
  • Oil Well
  • Coal Plant
There's nothing technically wrong with the current system, apart from the fact that there's an arbitrary distinction between buildings in districts and entire improvements. There isn't much ludonarrative harmony in needing a builder to construct a lumber mill but not a library.

Making such thing would change whole principes of city gestion. Getting ressources is still the thing which takes lots of places, i find it would be a pitty to "lighter" it.

Another solution to get more different districts is to get mixed one to get for example in one district food and gold, another one for science and production...

Top Bottom