Dedicated Daily Civ 5 FFA Group!

Kryostat

Chieftain
We are looking to expand our 4-5 man civ 5 group.

Typical daily game start times are 3:00PM PST - 7:00PM PST. If time allows we may play up to 2 games per day. Later start times may result in games ending quite late!

We are accepting of most skill-levels however we would like knowledge of most game mechanics down. AKA We are not looking to explain each mechanic to you and teach you how to play the game.

Game Settings :
Quick Pace & Group Decision
No AI, No Barbs, No City-States
No Turn Timer, No Turn Limit

Requirements :
Teamspeak 3
Fast Turns
No Leaving
Brave New World, Gods and Kings & Anicent Wonders DLC

What's your steam ID? I'll add you on steam. I already have a similar post up looking for FFA players and have a group of 6 who play on a daily basis starting around 7 - 8 pm.

my steamID is Kryostat, PM me your steam name as well otherwise I probably wont add you due to the botting problem on steam.

I would be interested, although later start times could be problematic. I would definitely be okay starting before or around 4pm PST. My steam name is ajar1189. I'll add you or you can add me.

The no-barb and no-CS rule seems a bit weird to me, but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it.

I would be intrested in playing. Those times are perfect for me on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. During the week its possible, but I'm usually busy. In a few weeks when summer starts, however, those times will work any day of the week. I have the BNW DLC. If necessary, I can buy other DLC during the summer sale - if it's very important to have.

The no barb and CS rule is weird to me as well, but I wouldn't mind it, especially if it reduces lag.

Here's my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058465721/

Thx

The no barbs and no CS makes the game more stable. 80% of the problems in this game involve AI unit movements. When CS, barbs and AI's are not in the game it generally runs smooth as silk.

The no barbs and no CS makes the game more stable. 80% of the problems in this game involve AI unit movements. When CS, barbs and AI's are not in the game it generally runs smooth as silk.

Are you sure about that? If it's true im definitely not playing multiplayer with them again lol, I love multiplayer but its hard to get it to work most of the time.

Do you have any experience with games without them where it was stable?

Thx

Are you sure about that? If it's true im definitely not playing multiplayer with them again lol, I love multiplayer but its hard to get it to work most of the time.

Thx

Without a doubt multiplayer is always much better without barbs and city states on. Personally I keep both barbs and city states on anyways cause we don't normally have issues regardless.

Thx

It is definitely possible to play with barbs and CS and have a stable game however you need to have a good host and good players all around in the game. No laggers, sub-par computers etc..

While it is not 100% necessary to play without them it definitely helps. I have hosted games without them that went until the atomic era without a single resync and I normally glitch out when hosting for an unknown reason.

Barbs and CS as well as AI's definitely decrease stability. Notice when the game completely freezes up after some one leaves. I believe it has more to do with an AI taking over than the actual leaving of the person.

Raging barbs is definitely less stable than normal barbs as well.

I realized this when I noticed that I could host team games without a problem but FFA's always froze up. Thinking about teamer settings, they normally have no barbs or CS.

Top Bottom