Deer Killing People

Royal

Warlord
I read in the newspaper (not sure which one....my friend picked it off the sidewalk) that almost a dozen people have been injured and two people killed by deer (from trampling and impaling).

Anyone else hear this?

Over the last century or whatever? Sure, sounds possible - moose have done it often enough.

Considering the vast number of various deer and humans on the planet, odds are some moron decided it be fun to try and run with a herd.

I have heard of a couple of news stories this year of deer jumping through people's windows and attacking people inside.

Yeah, I saw on the news this "rabid (yes, rabid:rolleyes:) deer" that like ate a dog it was in a fight with and liked trampled a person to death or something before it was shot like a hundred times to subdue it.

You guys are obviously city folk. Deer are a major road hazard, and you can easily total your car, and even be killed, by hitting one. Last fall a deer was found running around a neighborhood in my home of Fargo, ND, and police had to shoot it. Of course, this made the animal rights people mad, but you have to realize these wild animals are much stronger than you, and won't hesitate to attack if threatened.

About a month ago, a deer jumped through a plate glass window at the Minnesota state capital, and almost ran over the governor before jumping through another window and out the building. A deer also jumped through the window at the Dairy Queen in hometown a week before that, destroying a lot of stuff.

taper said:
...and almost ran over the governor...

Now see, if you all had made Jesse Ventura your governor for life, that wouldn't have been a concern. Jesse would just pile-driver the deer in question.

EDIT: Oops, reread your post and see that you're in North Dakota. Apologies for the mistake.

I don't see why that couldn't be possible. My friends friend was told not to shoot any does in the woods he was hunting in, and after being in the stand awhile, a massive doe walked under his stand (and the guy said nothing about knifing a doe) so he puts down his gun, grabs his knife, jumps out of the tree onto the does' back (like he was riding a horse) and tries to slit its' throat. The doe started thrashing around and he couldn't cut it's throat and the deer turned its head around bit him in the leg about 7 times and tore his clothes to threads. My friend finally ran into him when they were done hunting about 4 1/2 later and nearly died laughing (literally, he has heart problems, he has an internal defibrilator, pacemaker, takes blood thinners daily, and has some nitro pills hanging around his neck in case he has another heart attack).

Deer are pretty good sized animals and there is no doubt in my mind that a pissed off buck could kill a man easily.

VRWCAgent said:
Now see, if you all had made Jesse Ventura your governor for life, that wouldn't have been a concern. Jesse would just pile-driver the deer in question.

EDIT: Oops, reread your post and see that you're in North Dakota. Apologies for the mistake.

[With a heavy Austrian accent] And what if it was governor Arnold? Would he terminate him? Or go like he did in Predator on the deer? We all know what happened to that girly man Jesse in that movie.

Interesting. I guess they aren't anything like Bambi.

Deer (especially bucks) can be very dangerous and are known to attack and even kill humans (mostly hunters). They will gore with their horns and smash ribs and skulls with their hoves much like a bull does.

And yes, Condor, they do get rabies from time to time so they can be rabid and will attack anything.

Deers are the natural prey item of bears. If we breed enough of this carnivores to be released into the wilds it will surely help control the deers population.
so he puts down his gun, grabs his knife, jumps out of the tree onto the does' back (like he was riding a horse) and tries to slit its' throat.
That is how a manly man kills his deer, and he has to knap the knife from flint himself.

Bugfatty300 said:
Deer (especially bucks) can be very dangerous and are known to attack and even kill humans (mostly hunters). They will gore with their horns and smash ribs and skulls with their hoves much like a bull does.

And yes, Condor, they do get rabies from time to time so they can be rabid and will attack anything.

Whoa! I thought that was like reserved for like dogs and poor people bitten by the dog:crazyeye:!

We have similar problems with kangaroos over here, so we try to keep the numbers down. We have some deer as well. Almost shot a good one last year.

Kill all animals before they get to you! The War on Nature continues unabated.

Shaihulud said:
Deers are the natural prey item of bears. If we breed enough of this carnivores to be released into the wilds it will surely help control the deers population.
Well, not really. In North America wolves were the natural predators for deer. Bears are omnivores and eat mostly small critters, berries/plants and fish. In the west, cougars will also prey on deer.

newfangle said:
This is a pro-hunting thread I think.

No its a thread on gay marriage:D

Top Bottom