Default Name Question

DemonMaster

A.K.A. Fenhorn
A question that I just realized that I do not know. When I select a civ and a leader to play, my alias are always used instead of the default name. I don't remember what I did when I installed the game and expansions, but now I wants the game to always assume the default name, not my alias, so how do I delete or what do I change to fix this (hopefully not by re-install everything). I haven't use the profile thing to have multiple profiles, I always use the profile that is named "default profile" and it (for some reason) always have my alias as leadername instead of the real leadername.

I'm pretty sure you can edit this in your .ini file (in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/). If you scroll through the various lines, you'll probably find one named "Alias" or "Name".

Nope. If I change alias or user name in the INI file, then it will become the new "default". For example if I write 0 then my default user name or alias will be 0 not the real default name. If I delete the alias or use name lines then the game will create new one will my alias (the one that I don't want).

I think I'm going crazy here. I re-installed everything and I deleted all files that was left (that I could find), but the very first game the default name is my old alias. So the in which hidden (I assume) directory does the game take that. I guess It saves some info about the "old" installation somewhere, because in a new installation and the very first game, it shouldn't be able to have that name.

Edit: What I want is to always have the default names for the leader instead of my old alias. If it still is the INI file that are to be altered, then how do I write. I can't delete the lines, the game takes the info from somewhere else and I can't write 0, because then that becomes the name for all my games.

Top Bottom