Defeat Into Victory III

Good morning Rathvilly

Many thanks for your detailed report. I'm so pleased that you spent so much time in such a short period and enjoyed the challenge. The terrain imaging was the creation of the late Balthazar RIP. He would have been very pleased.

Upgrading units – I will investigate why one unit upgraded but not the others. Not sure why they are not upgrading? Maybe other members will have an answer?

Settlers – I could add more settlements to the map for the British but then they already have a majority. As the attackers, the Japanese only start with one. It might be best to not have settlers or any more settlements as I don’t think that any were built during the war.

Errors – Thank you for pointing them out. I will make necessary corrections.

I really appreciate your constructive comments Rathvilly. Thank you.
Let me know how playing as the British turns out.

UPDATE

Thanks to everyone’s feedback, especially Anthony Boscia and Rathvilly (who managed to complete two games as the Japanese and British), I am attaching a ZIP file of amendments for the scenario.

The problem of units not upgrading has been fixed.

As torpedoes were the primary cause of the sinking of WWII capital ships (HMS Prince of Wales, HMS Repulse, IJN Asahi, IJN Shokaku, USS Arizona) I have added ‘lethal sea bombardment’ to five Japanese and five British torpedo bombers.

The zip includes two variations of BIQ, one with settlers and one without.

Attachments

• DiV III Amendments 29Nov22.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
I keep getting errors and it's different types if INI files from units that it says I'm missing. Then I noticed the PediaIcons had a lot more units listed than the folders I have, see attached image Is this what your units folder looks like, or am I missing some units?
I was able to play this game when it was first uploaded, but with the recent update I have had no luck. :(

Attachments

• Missing.JPG
    Missing.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 36
Many thanks for the report Chalito.
My apologies to you and the other Civinators for any problems.
Somehow I included the wrong PediaIcons file in the Zip
Please use the one attached.
Cheers
Rhodie

Attachments

• PediaIcons.txt
    134.1 KB · Views: 24
Hello l adore the game but unfortunately l had attached error messages. Someone may help me what to do?

Thanks in advance for your time

Br.

Attachments

• 20230203_190150.jpg
    20230203_190150.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230203_154334.jpg
    20230203_154334.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
aktugk, welcome at CFC! :band: [party]

The game is asking for the missing image of a wondersplash in the wondersplash folder of that scenario and an entry for that wondersplash in the pediaicons file in the text folder of that scenario.

It seems you have created in this scenario a new building Batorufirudo-igaku and have set it to be a Great or a Small Wonder. Each wonder in Civ 3 needs a wondersplash and an individual entry of that splash in the pediaicons text file.

Here is a link, how to use an existing wondersplash or to add a new wondersplash (320x320 pcx format): https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/load-error.681864/#post-16405417

Please also note, that rhodie posted a new pediaicons file in post 25 of this thread. If you haven´t replaced the pediaicons file from the original download with that patched pediaicons file, may be this can solve your problem.

Last edited:
Good afternoon aktugk and Civinator

Thank you for playing my scenario and your query aktugk.
Civinator is correct. This 'error' was corrected with the Pediaicon file that you can download from my #25 post. Please replace the Pediaicon file that you have in the scenario folder with that one. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thank you Civinator.

aktugk, welcome at CFC!  

Civinator is correct. This 'error' was corrected with the Pediaicon file that you can download from my #25 post. Please replace the Pediaicon file that you have in the scenario folder with that one. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thank you Civinator.

Great to get a solution from both of you... really great scenario and l m just my n the middle of the game and did not know what to do.. CIV3 is m

Thank you Civinator.
Good evening rhodie and Civinator,
great all working like a nice quality swiss watch :) I very much enjoyed to continue the game and still more than 60 turns to finish... I do not know who will be winner but I am doing fine right now... I really appreciated your support & quick responson....

Top Bottom