1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Defending my faith - Is it too late?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by human101101, Mar 5, 2018.

1. human101101

human101101 Chieftain

I am playing on Prince difficulty and have managed to found my own religion. However, I found I was swarmed by missionaries from Japan and before I knew it my cities were all reverted back to my original pantheon. I am not sure what happened.

I tried to purchase inquisitors and missionaries with faith to restore my faith back to my cities but I could not purchase any (No items are available to purchase with faith at this time). Is my faith doomed? Can I get it back and how do I do so? I am at turn 242, 1655 AD. Thanks!

2. Dwyer99

Dwyer99 Chieftain

Your best bet would probably be to destroy as many Japanese religious units as possible, thus lowering the influence of their religion in all cities. If you can do this enough, it may flip one or two of your cities back to your religion and you can build inquisitors/apostles/etc. there.

3. Hactar

Hactar Chieftain

Is Jerusalem on the map? If you can become suzerain it will act as a holy city for you.

4. human101101

human101101 Chieftain

It is indeed. Will the holy city take on the religion that I created even if none of my cities are following that religion?

5. Dwyer99

Dwyer99 Chieftain

So long as you founded the religion, it should convert to it. This should help, but you won't be able to use it to produce religious units until it flips some of your cities. Note that if Jerusalem isn't close to your cities, this may not work for the foreseeable future. As I mentioned above, your best bet to flip your cities back quickly is likely to eliminate a bunch of the offending religion's units.

6. human101101

human101101 Chieftain

Thanks for the help! I did eliminate as many of Japans missionaries that I could but it did not seem to flip any of my cities.

7. Dwyer99

Dwyer99 Chieftain

Unfortunately it can take quite a bit if their apostle/missionary spam was bad enough. The more you can eliminate, the better chances you have of one of your cities flipping back. Also, if they took the belief which prevents them from losing pressure when religious units die, the tactic unfortunately won't work.