Defending Portuguese Language!

Beko the Great

Chieftain
Hello! I'm great fan of Civ and I'm addicted to Rhye's and Fall, yet I must not allow that portuguese names are so bad mispelled.
1st of all, portuguese is different from spanish or italian.
So, capo de boa esperança(??) is Cabo da Boa Esperança, San Salvador de Congo is São Salvador do Congo
Then, worst of all, the second city of Portugal, Porto is not OPORTO!!! It's Porto! And Mozambique in portuguese is Moçambique.
I've just changed a few names with notepad in CityName manager.

Hope seeing this improved in next mod!

i'm french and i knew it bt this is not a reason for being angry like that!
Just tell it to Rhye and he will change that, no need to be so hard in your words.
And rhye is Italian, so i think he knows the difference between spanish and other languages(a lot of people think that italian is same than spanish), this is just a little error.

You can't show emotion in typing, Perceval, so you may have misunderstood Beko. I don't think Beko sounded angry, but more over-enthusiastic.
I think this would have been more appropriate in Minor Suggestions, so I recommend copying and pasting this to there. The next patch won't be for a while, but in the meantime, you already know how to fix it.

Beko:
* If you can look in the mod directory and find the text file with all the Portugese names, you can correct them all. I'm sure it would be appreciated.
* The best thing you could do would be to post a fixed version of the text file.
* I agree that the Minor Suggestions (or Bugs) threads are the best place.

Top Bottom