1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense of a Dream: Turkey in WWII

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Stories & Tales' started by earksiinni, Nov 30, 2009.

1. earksiinni

earksiinni Chieftain

Hi all,

I was inspired by the detailed AAR's at Paradox Entertainment's forums for the Europa Universalis series, and so I wanted to create a similar turn-by-turn story for my favorite strategy game country and scenario combination: the Turks in Civ 2's WWII scenario.

I hope to make it realistic and immersive, and while I will be updating it the updates will have to be infrequent.

Enjoy!

================

DEFENSE OF A DREAM: TURKEY IN WWII

Europe is at war, and though the young Turkish Republic remains neutral it is only a matter of time before she will be inextricably drawn into the intaglio. She is ruled by President Ismet Inonu, a celebrated hero of the War of Liberation against the decayed and insipid Ottoman sultanate, forever banished to history and -- were the technocrats and nationalists of his Republican People's Party to have their way -- banished to amnesia. Will Turkey achieve her fitful dream, to cast off the legacy of her Ottoman past and to one day lead Europe in the quest for peace and civilization? Will she revert to her despotic past in a bid to regain her former glories? Or will she crack under the pressure of the Russian bear and the German eagle?

2. ScottieX

ScottieX Warlord

Excelent, another WWII scenario fan.
    Good luck Inonu.