1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

defense of city doesnt decrease

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Zolika Toth, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Zolika Toth

Zolika Toth Chieftain

Hi

I might have found another bug, as u can see the attachment, the defense of the city will not decrease, even if i attack it with siege weapons or fleet. Did i miss something? Or is that a bug again?
    If its a bug, and therefor its not possible to capture cities, i have to say, that this mod is unplayable :(

Attached Files:

• bug.png
      bug.png
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
  2. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Chieftain

In your BUG menu, what setting does Maximum Bombardment Defense have? If it's too high then it becomes impossible to conquer cities.

Attached Files:

• Bug.png
      Bug.png
      File size:
      549.3 KB
      Views:
  3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

At one point I had this at 60% but it was later changed back to 75. Later game 75% imhpo is still too high. All because the belief is that a cities defenses should never fall to 0%. That is why you have to get a cities defenses below 60% before you can actually send in any Mil units to attack the defenders. I have never subscribed to that theory or game design.

Harrier likes this.
  4. Zolika Toth

Zolika Toth Chieftain

Thanks for the advice, it was set to 75%, I have decreased it, and now it's working.

5. Noriad2

Noriad2 Chieftain

Some fortification types resist damage, the more modern the fort, the better it can resist, generally. If the resulting damage of a single unit is too low, the resulting damage gets rounded down to zero.
    The solution is to use units that do more damage, or use damage increase promotions.

KaTiON_PT likes this.