defensive buildings

klail

Chieftain
It would be nice if defensive buildings either didn't have a maintenance cost or if they would reduce crime (or have some other benefit). Currently it is painful to build them when many of them will be useless (if the city never gets attacked).

They do decrease Crime, Crime is a function of city defense. You could make an argument they should decrease it more I guess, but its false to say they don't. And remember, it would be boring if you could just make all unhappiness go away. There has to be some struggle to it.

Ahh, okay, my bad ... Thank you. I didn't know that since it's not on the tooltip for the defensive buildings. (It makes sense that it's not in the tooltip since defense affects crime and the buildings affect defense, not crime directly ... so not complaining.)

Some warmonger policies give bonuses to walls and castles, too.
Even if you don't want to fight a lot, you may need some walls for defence against barbarians, and it definitely helps with crime unhappiness, as it increases city defence slightly (garrisons are usually better, but it adds up).

Check the happiness guide in the strategy section.

Top Bottom