Defensive warfare for the AI

Art Morte

Prince
Yeah, sorry if something like this has already been proposed, couldn't be bothered to go through the pages.

Basically, what I dislike about warfare in Civ6 - 5 as well - is that they will always attack you, regardless of who declared war or how likely or unlikely they are to succeed in an offensive. We all know that defending is a lot easier than attacking, but the only warfare mode the AI seems to have is attack.

I wish the AI could decide when to attack and when to defend. Say, they're DOW'ed upon and have equal or worse military strength, make the AI just wait in their territory.

Ideally the AI could also calculate not only your raw military strength, but how well it's suited for attacking and maybe even where it's stationed. I can have troops on my far-border from the war, safeguarding in case of another war, that the AI is still scared horsehockyless of.

What we have now is the AI throwing its units at your defences no matter what and that just doesn't seem very realistic or challenging.

Top Bottom