1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Define name of save games?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by sp00n, Jan 4, 2013.

1. sp00n

sp00n Prince

I'm looking for a mod/way to define a custom default name syntax for my save games. I think I once had a mod installed which (sort of) had this feature, but for the life me I can't remember what it was.
    I'd like to do something like $LeaderName $Civilization $ModName $Year, but the name of the mod would just a bonus. I think I had that civ name in there already sometimes...

And of course the term "name" is considered to be "very common" by the forum's search engine, which is no great help either, as it then returns only matches for "save game", which is even more common. :sad:

2. The_guy

The_guy Elephantary School.

That was Rise Of Mankind, though it was probably included in the BUG mods. It named them like this:
    Code:
    Cat_Chi_Sta_RoM_Epi_Anc_1565-BC_Tem_Med_Aug-05-2012_13-32-38.sav

That means it named them by Leader, Civilization, Map Type, Mod, Game Speed, (Starting) Era, Time, Climate (I guess), Sea Level (I believe) and Date.

Did you mean this?

3. sp00n

sp00n Prince

Whoa, no notifications for this thread...
    But yeah, that looks about right, although much more thorough than I remember. Going to have to look through the BUG options once more, because I haven't seen that behavior so far. Maybe it's just C2C that hasn't enabled it though.